This game is currently in early access and is in a alpha state.
About the Game
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed.
Volumetric objects are structures composed from block-like modules interlocked in a grid. Volumetric objects behave like real physical objects with mass, inertia and velocity. Individual modules have real volume and storage capacity.
Space Engineers is inspired by reality and by how things work. Think about modern-day NASA technology extrapolated 60 years into the future. Space Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and doesn't use technologies that wouldn't be feasible in the near future.
Space Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as a tactical shooter as well. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Space Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Features in Alpha
- Building in creative mode – unlimited resources and instant construction
- Deformable and destructible objects - real proportions, mass, storage capacity, integrity
- Small and large ships – build them, pilot them and crush them
- Space stations
- Building blocks - light armor (cube, slope, corner), interior wall, small ship cockpit, large ship cockpit, gatling turret, missile turret, cargo container(s), gravity generator, nuclear reactor, thruster, gyroscope, refinery, assembler, drill, reflector light, interior light, catwalk, cover wall, door, stairs, ramp, ladder, small ship gatling, small ship missile launcher, landing gear, window(s), explosive cube, pillar, medical room
- First-person & Third-person
- Character animations - run, sprint, jump, climb ladder, crouch, fall, jetpack
- World management
- Create new world
- Save as - branch to multiple copies
- Auto-save – saves the state of your world every 5 minutes and on exit; can be turned on/off
- Edit Settings
- Empty World
- Easy Start - recommended for newcomers – a world is generated with randomly selected green station or basic platform and a few template small and large ships
- Electricity - all blocks in a grid are wired in an electrical and computer network
- Gravity – produced by gravity generators
- Modding - world files, shaders and textures
Space Engineers 01.098
Sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works.
- Update 01.108 Released - 12th November 2015 Nov 13, 2015
- Update 01.098 Released - 3rd September 2015 Sep 7, 2015
- 01.086 Released 11th June 2015 - Space Race scenario, scenario editor Jun 11, 2015