1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat A plea to the ex players!

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Sinver, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Sinver

Sinver Magnate

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    You know, these days it is possible for me to log in, and there be noone else online AT ALL. Yet, if I go to jumpgate-tri databse and look at the list of pilots created, it is clear to me many many people were initially excited to see it return.

Yes, I know the graphics are not exactly fantastic.

Yes, I know we are all a bit older, families, careers etc so time is not as free.

But, I plead to you all, get in game, even for an hour. Even if you just do a Drevent, log in, say bugger all, don't launch then log off, it is better than nothing.

I would even put up with Ambrosius for gods sake. The guys who put this server back up we might not know their intentions, they might not care who logs in or doesn't. But this game has a multiplayer persistent model that exceeds even the games of today. I want to chat to people, help out, do fleety things.

This is, was and always will be a GREAT game. So stop playing world of tanks or whatever the short term memory span game of the day is, and come back.

Or we may lose this great game,again.

2. Nezumi

Nezumi Initiate

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think the problem is the season. People are less likely to play when they could be outside.

I do agree that even a presence is important.

3. clanlord

clanlord Apprentice

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    i totally agree sinny

ps i copied this to jumpgate allumni at FB , might wake up a couple of the old farts

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
    For me, Jumpgate is more of a winter game, it doesn't feel that good to play when the sun shines late into the evenings. But I might try to fix my old HOTAS Cougar stick and try it in flux space in a couple of months. :)

5. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Well, any reason to log in is a good reason :)