1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News A solution to the blue roids ?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Morris, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So ... Darkness posted the following in a conversation with a few of us, but thought that everyone should be able to see it / respond:

The Aman FM is done..it only took 3 of us to do it (1run/20%) Big gratz at this point to Pilot Gen.TRA for doing 3 runs at about lvl 13 , way to go!

And now we may finally be able to solve the BLUE ROID PROB once and for all..mmmmaby^^

We just had a Message popping up, telling us to destroy some HIVES in Confluxgalaxy, concerning sectors: First Sight; C-1101; C-1102; C-2199; C-3309.

It seemes some Hives had been concealed and hidden from our eyes, generating some energyfield that has been overheating the roids all this time...OR SOMETHING ^^ !

...From what we have understood untill now, we´ll need to nuke and destroy or disable all these hives within 1h, or otherwise they will respawn/regenerate...

We have no clue how many nukes it will take to destroy these hives and fluxspawns wont make things any easier, but inorder to get the roids back to normal its def worth giving it a shot!!

The infest at Pulsar has been blown away, so were able to leave and enter the Fluxgal from there again hopefully making things a bit easier .

Nuke production has been kept running in the last few days, so we may have enough to blow them into oblivion.

Well need to organize this a bit..maby shipper stuff to aman station..get bombers ready..make convenient homespawn incase we blow up in these no good fluxing bombers...Some sectors have fluxspawing hives at about 2-3k from fluxgates ..stuf like that.

So any suggestions/ideas would be nice ! well prob need haulers & bombers--maby fighters ..we dont know!

Regards, Darky ,P

2. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For my part, I'm crap at combat or flying anything other than my freighter, but I'm happy to help with hauling / production

3. Gen.TRA

Gen.TRA Initiate

Sep 23, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    since I can't use nukes yet, and I have yet to qualify for a decent fighter, i would be of little use except pulling conflux / providing light support to any bombers making a run.

4. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK

5. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Soo I´ve gone to First Sight and c-1102 to check out whats really going on there:
    Seems like we have the powerflux-spawning original hive, + 4 new non-spawning hives. Some are at about 10k from gates, some up to 25k out or more..
    Supposed we only have to destroy the newer ones, well need about a minimum of some 200 nukes.
    We have way more than that already!

Destroying one of these hives took some 10 nukes. (hope they are all equally strong+you never see the damage they have allready taken, just like the infests )

Its a bit confusing because they are all named the same ( conflux hive ) so u can only tell them appart by checking the distance from the gate you enter the sector.

Well have to organize and time these bomber-runs well ..otherwise well prob fluxdump eachother into little peaces xD
    Maby the bigger bomber-group starting from Aman station. And the other smaller group from GBS or even EE ..nah GBS is closer^^ (antiflux doesnt work in fluxspace)

(250k creds+30k exp/Hive kill)

..I only hope that i misunderstood the message and we really dont have to kill them all within one hour..or this will get very interesting ..

Dark.

6. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've cleared the infests in Inner Gyre, so the route from GBS to Pulsar Gate should be easier now

7. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    GJ Morris and thx for hauling all the bomber equip to aman and gbs!!!

All the Nafs have already positioned theyr 100 ships around gbs and aman ,) thx there also!!

I think its time to slowly sign up for this mission impossible and gahter pilots. Only with joined forces will we be able to accomplish our goal here.

We´ll need at least some 10 pilots, the more the better. Mostly bomber pilots..once we have enough pilots singed up we can talk about how we can do these bomber-runs without loosing too many ships.

We still havent figured out if we have to destroy all the hives in all the sectors in 1h, or if we only have to kill all the hives in 1 sector in 1 h..

The Mission message is simply confusing.

But anyways ill start: ME BOMBER!

8. Gen.TRA

Gen.TRA Initiate

Sep 23, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I did some recon in C1101, C-1102, and First Sight.
    5 Hives per sector.
    C-1101: Hives are in a C shape spread out around the gate.
    C-1102: Hives are in a X shape closely packed and close to the gate.
    First Sight: Hives are in an V shape spread out with the gate more to one side of the V.

Also fired a Lance at one of the Hives, Deals 17000 damage, and received 8500 creds, and 8 exp. Not sure if there is any relevance to that or not.

The spawn seems unchanged, and more info to come on the other 2 sectors.

9. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, seems like the roids have cooled down now (prob due to a server reboot, a day ago)!

The hives remain in fluxspace and the Aman-message keeps popping up, telling pilots to kill them.

Honestly idk whats going on..but since the roids are back to normal I dont see this suicide mission happening too soon, nor does it make much sense atm.

The hives drop some 30k exp for anyone who wants to grind some exp tho and they respawn after 1h .

10. Conflux

Conflux Initiate

Nov 21, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No no no we dont get back cool down!

11. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    er... we did get it back after Tuesday's restart, but now you have stopped it again. Whatever you have done to stop the roids cooling again has also reintroduced the biomass bug that was fixed on Tuesday at the same time as the roids started cooling.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  12. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +330 / 40 / -2
    I posted this over in Jumpgate Discord #Teamwork channel, and will cross-post here:

For the hive destruction mission, my available flight time is Eastern time in the evenings when few others are on. But if there are any tasks that I might be able to help with, like staging gear, I will try to do so.​

. . . if people are still doing this mission, that is.

13. Nafcon

Nafcon Magnate

Jun 3, 2005
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
  14. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thx Ambro , thx Naf !

And yes the mission is ON again as the roids are back to blue AGAIN *cough*.

Now all we need is enough bomberpilots.

Let´s give it some time for ppl to sign up :) 4 Hives/sector, 5 sectors..well some 10 pilots would be nice, if we have to do it in 1 hour ..the more the better!

(Eastern time here also)..but ill stretch it if i have to ,)

15. tui

tui Recruit

Sep 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    AFTER ACTION REPORT c1102 HIVES

tonight starting at around 2030 a small strike force consisting of the following pilots:

clanlord
    Darkness
    Morris
    Tui
    Gen.TRA

set out to see if it was possible to destroy the hives in C1102
    4 bombers and 1 phoenix as fighter support ( flown by Gen.TRA) set out on this task

we focused our nuke strike at the central hive in the sector in the initial attack run

second run Darkness went for the central hive while myself and tui went for the hives at 11k out

3the run we targeted the central hive again and Darkness managed to destroy it

then the strangest thing happened the hive respawned instantly.

as far as previous intel reported we were led to believe that we had 60 minutes to destroy the hives in a setcor after the first one was destroyed , but given the instant respawn this seems like an impossible task .

we are holding attack operations for now until more intel becomes available

regards Clanlord

CEO -=DSRG=-

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  17. tui

tui Recruit

Sep 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, i had a disco and could not log in again...

18. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I wasn't much help ... didn't even get my first nukes away before my pod ride. Did anyone notice what time the 8k hive was destroyed? I was just wondering whether we have misread the message, and destroyed hives re-spawn on the hour unless all the hives are destroyed (in sector or 5 sectors - to be discovered). We haven't had any intel about when the 60 minutes start, and from a coding point of view, periodic re-spawns would be much simpler.

19. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    THE MORE I KNOW - THE MORE CONFUSED I AM !!!

20. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +330 / 40 / -2
    It sounds to me like the devs are trying to make changes without using a test server. I imagine the "server maintenance" on Wednesday is intended to correct this instant-respawn problem.