1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News A solution to the blue roids ?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Morris, Sep 25, 2018.

1. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    there might be another attempt this weekend to see if the instant respawn issue has been corrected . more details to follow once i know more

timeframe probably sunday evening CET , would be early afternoon eastern

2. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  3. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    Did the server go down at all yet? Looks like it's up.

4. Conflux

Conflux Initiate

Nov 21, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We or I or whoever will probalby do some testruns before we all jump into this, but always good to have a confirmation! Thx!

6. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yup, got discoed twice while you where trying to log in !

So ok, Gen and me went in there and destroyed 4 hives and damaging the Flux-Hive.
    c-1102 was the sector we tested.
    Took us some 8-9 minutes/run. (launch-nuke-dock-rrr)
    They blew up with again some 8-10 nukes..some seemend to explode earlier than that..
    And after that 1 h was over the hives respawned! (and these hives had globules on them right after disco .)

Well was a fun testrun again!

..We were thinking of trying to destroy the Hive in Aman Leap, just to see if we can even destroy it.
    (but i guess the classic hives dont blow up. Or do they?!

We need MORE PILOTS!

Good Night ^^

• Like Like x 1
  7. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    got a few bombers ready at the aman base . so im all set for another run at the hives

8. Gen.TRA

Gen.TRA Recruit

Sep 23, 2018
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed Darkness didn't post about testing the Hive in Aman Leap, so i decided to try it myself.

Results:
    Runs: 10
    5 Successful ( All 4 nukes detonated.)
    1 Partial Success ( Only 1 nuke detonated.)
    4 Unsuccessful ( Deaths and Disconnects, no nukes detonated.)

End Result: Successfully Destroyed the Hive.
    The answer being asked as to whether the base hives in a sector can even be destroyed has been answered. Hope this information helps.

9. Morris

Morris Initiate

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well done Gen ... good info

So... the big question that remains is whether the mission is to clear each of the sectors within an hour, or all 5 sectors within the hour.

Based on the tests that have been done (and with lots of assumptions and guesstimation) it is likely that each sector will take an average of 22 bombing runs to clear the sector of hives.

Pilots are likely to make 5 or 6 runs in 1 hour, except for 2199, where 3 runs is probably the maximum, and losses are likely to be higher.

This would suggest that it will need at least 8 pilots to take out the hives in 2199 in 1 hour (10 would be wiser), and 5 pilots in the other 4 sectors. Depending on the answer to the big question, we would need a minimum of either 8 pilots or 28 pilots to complete the mission.

Given the difficulty of amassing sufficient pilots for the worst case scenario, another attempt on 1102 (or First Sight) seems the next step - but with enough pilots to be sure of clearing the sector within the hour (I suggest 5). At least that would give us the answer we need.

In terms of nukes, 100 per sector should be enough. We have plenty (3,800), though it might be wise to shift a few more to Aman (419 currently) and GBS (198) if there are to be further test runs.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 10:02 AM
  10. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    The last article said "If all hives are reduced to a strength of 5-nukes, then all 25 may be able to be destroyed in the required 1-hour period." ... So I think that question has been answered.

11. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    disregard this message.

im off for a while

12. Darkness

Darkness Initiate

Sep 9, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so we have to destroy all 25 Hives in 1 hour.

Thats 1 strong and 4 weak hives/sector.

The article said that we might be able to accomplish this mission when the destroyed and again respawned hives are weakened down to only 5 nukes/hive.
    So: 1 run to weaken and a second run to entirely destroy them . ..thats how i understood it.

So yeah, sounds like persistence is what we need here! And more PILOTS !

13. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    I'm still willing to help, but am not available until next week. My available time is generally around 23:00 UTC.

14. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    DSRG-r-AM pos in amanath is open as a respawn and refuel base . just a short run back to amanath station to refit

all equipment is at amanath station anyways

15. Sinver

Sinver Commander

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    5 hives in one sector? Are they seriously taking the piss? We do not have the pilots, or the time. Conflux, do us all a favour, and just close the server. I have seriously ran out of fucks to give.

16. Morris

Morris Initiate

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The game seems to have been coded into a corner, whether by accident or design. 5 hives in 1 hour seemed do-able with 5 pilots, though C-2199 might be tough because of the distance and the attrition rate. 25 in 1 hour ? No chance ! Athena ShaiDen thinks it 'may be possible' ... I wonder what her idea of 'a modest number of pilots' is ? The trouble is that this scenario is driving pilots away rather than attracting them, including very experienced and well-respected pilots who are saying it's not possible. It seems such a shame for the game to die a long, slow death like this, but it's already happening. Come on GMs, either change this mission to make it possible, or put the server out of its misery.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM
  17. Nezumi

Nezumi Apprentice

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think they are trying to find the balance of creating something to do that is worthwhile vs same old same old. I do think the mission is too hard as it is but I also like a challenge. ???

How many pilots do you think we would need to complete the mission as it sits right now?
    Can POS be put in Flux space? Maybe we could create squads that could respawn/reequip in theater?

18. Sinver

Sinver Commander

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    Hey Nez, you are right of course. We do want it to be interesting, but when it is at the point it is pushing people away then the GM's need to be able to admit they are wrong.

Let us not forget, we did THREE faction missions already related to this issue. Including a mining mission when mining is flipping ridiculous.

To answer your other question, POS's cannot be placed in flux space sadly.

19. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    for sale ! dictionaries octavian to sol/quant/tri
    will trade for a dictionary octavian to conlux ... they won

20. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    So it looks like the mission may have been greatly simplified if some hives are not re-spawning. I know Sinver and Clanlord are out -- question is: who is in?