1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of the Oldtimers from Mack still around?

Discussion in '-=MACK=- Public Lobby' started by ErrantofCEF, Dec 24, 2005.

1. ErrantofCEF

ErrantofCEF Initiate

Dec 24, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haven't play in 4-5 years I guess. See a few on the roster but most are no longer active.

Dunno just got to thinking about games and guilds I once played with.

2. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Holy Cow! Speaking of old timers. :D

And a new little "of" in the middle of his name.

What's going on Errant? Long time no see for sure.

3. Istanbul

Istanbul Senior Magnate

Mar 25, 2005
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    Hi Ho errant, Jump tells me you're a real cool guy. Romulus had been one of the few MACK guys to really be around and do anything, but, unfortunately haven't seen him for a couple months now... I've seen another guy or two floating around from mack, but they were from over a month ago as well. Here's hoping some of you guys make it back again! (I miss romulus and his mining contests!)

4. Romulus

Romulus Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    I am here. I am a lurker. I am TRI Classified in the game as well as I have dropped my -=MACK=- tags so when I do come back I am independent trucker.

Which Reminds me I may have to change my Avater. :<

5. ErrantofCEF

ErrantofCEF Initiate

Dec 24, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    heya Jump :)

I keep in touch with Circusboy still so heard about what went on up until he left for EvE Online. Been to this site a few times to see what you'd done must say It's very nice.

OHHHH Love the avatar.. Hehe I dug that up from space truckers when we first split off from MA so we could teach em what REAL space trucking was about :)

Must say MACK showed me how you can play a bad (well barely supported) game for a long time so long as you have good people to play with.

Lets see Played EQ for about two years then SWG till they crapped it out in November and went to WoW.

Normally use some variation of my handle in any game I go to so it'll have a CEF+Errant somewhere. Makes it easy to spot me.

6. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Well, your one of the guys that made Jumpgate fun. Feel free to make yourself at home here. The main site supports more than just Jumpgate. So, whatever happened to the CEF? Still going or did that fade away?

Speaking of CircusBoy, sure miss that guy too. He came by once but faded away again. I think he didn't have email or something to register. But that was on the old -=MACK=- Station site. Not sure if he has ever been here.

Those were some good times back then. Late night runs to LL, makeing Lime Soda jokes for Zaal.

7. ErrantofCEF

ErrantofCEF Initiate

Dec 24, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CEF faded away about the same time though most of us are still around just wearing different tags. We just migrated to other games over time. It's a big world out there as far as online games but I ocassionally run into old friends.

I found this site when searching for info on my cougar a while back. Nice stick but I'm back turning wrenches after my time playing manager, figured I'd get back on the clock before I went braindead and 70+ hours a week left no time for games (that's why I never showed up in jumpgate again).

Downside is now I can't handle the heavy stick as my carpal is flaring again...
    Got a Saitek X52 not very precise but it takes a light touch and doesn't kill me to use it. At least they made it adjustable cant get my big hands in the 45 :)

Dunno probbably stick with WoW till something new comes along though nothing tempting on the horizon. Have a nice all adult guild that has a good feel to it like the old MACK. They all went to WoW after SWG died. Even though thats not my thing the people make it fun, game is just a nice chat engine with cool graphics.

8. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Yeah, I remember, you got that job and we basically never saw you again. Glad you came to the conclusion that time is more precious than money. I have the same carpal troubles. That's why I never could sustain PVP in Jumpgate.

I used to see obitus on my IM alot. Haven't seen him since he got laid off from that tech support job he had.

Hurricane basically vanished. Never see him on IM anymore. Must have me on ignore. :D

Others still come around here.

9. Diver012

Diver012 Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    WOW Wasssup Errant! :) Dunno if you remember me from back in the day but I remember you... I joined MA right before the big breakup.. then Hurricane allowed me to Join -=MACK=- and the rest is History... Its good to see you again.. I certainly do miss the ol days..

10. Diver012

Diver012 Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

"Important:
    Please answer our questions!
    The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
    Steven Allison

*** Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
    *** 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
    *** Washington, DC 20535
    *** phone: (202) 324-3000
    Jump is online now Add to Jump's Reputation Report Bad Post Thanks"

LOL.. that little virus certainly sent a scare through my company... My damn phone didnt stop ringing for a week solid.. :shakehead

11. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    I get hundreds of those a day through all my admin emails. It's really becoming a pain.

12. Fidler

Fidler Senior Magnate

Jul 26, 2004
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hiya all,

Some of us old timers still get Jump's site weekly email on JR's weekly posts, but being most of them are about Jumpgate we have nothing to add to that. Although it is nice to see after many years the same subjects still come up. I am waiting for the topic of the Nix hit box next....

First time post for me here but I have been lurking, a first class site as usual for Jump.

Hurricane, Stfan and I have been playing Anarchy Online for a while now. As Errant said, Jumpgate was about the people not the game, and once most of those left it just not worth it anymore.

It is good to see that there are still -=MACK=- members stopping by from time to time, the squad died, but the roots still live.

Anyone that wants to stop in and say hi in AO feel free to do so (they have free accounts in case you just want to chat), just give Hurri, Vanhem or Kyttn a shout. While we have moved on we never have forgotten -=MACK=- and we do sit around and geez about it from time to time.

Fidler

13. Javater

Javater Initiate

Sep 16, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all!
    how u guys been doing?
    yup i also miss the old timers that used to fly with me
    u guys still playing? or is the game pretty much dead?
    i remember all of u were playing some other game that was like JG, but dunno if u guys moved to playing something else
    i know there is a new space sim game coming out // forgot the name of it!
    anyway i hope to hear from you guys later

Keep on Haulin!

Javater

14. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Hey Java, LTNS.

15. Romulus

Romulus Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Whoo hoo Java. My Pony express partner. I am not playing JG at the moment. I am playing SWG but that has made quite a few changes since you left and I am starting to gt used to it so it's not all that bad.

I am personally waiting on Star Trek Online to see where that is going.

16. Pyrophred

Pyrophred Senior Magnate

Oct 2, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    umm do i count as an old timer? im not exactly a noob but i do seem to have gotten a later start in the game than some

17. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Sure, come on in you semi-old fart. :D

18. jelomadnes

jelomadnes Marksman

Jul 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Damn, Church of the Electonic Flow. That brings back some memmorries. How's everyone doing? Good to to see you're still alive Fidler. Errant, I remember you, and I also remember a plot to steal the secret formula for the Lime soda, too. All these old dogs showin' up. I wouldn't mind hearing from BfloEagle. I wonder if he ever got married to that gal that was takin' up so much of his gamming time?

Anyway, good to see ya all. I hope this thread stays alive long enough for more old timers to chime in.

-=MACK=- Forever!!

19. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Um, jelo, not only did he marry Totem but they have a child.

BfloEagle

20. BfloEagle

BfloEagle Recruit

Jan 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola!

Wow... You guys still talk about me??? ::sniff::

Yup, I ended up marrying Totem and we had a baby about 7 months ago now... Unfortunately, online gaming for me kind of stopped after Jumpgate... It was the whole money, not enough time, and the ever present "You're playing that stupid game again aren't you?" that kept me from coming back... ;) I managed to keep active on my blog through undergrad (and Jump's been keeping tabs on me) but now I've got a new job (FINALLY), a new family, I'm back in school for a MBA, and a new house in a month. :scream:

I just had to shuffle some priorities... Anyway, even though I just registerred today, I've been stopping in every once in awhile. It's nice to see some names even I can remember as being old school when I played... what... five years ago now???

Geek / BfloEagle / Beagle / Andy