1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Best Joystick?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Universal-X1, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Universal-X1

Universal-X1 Recruit

Oct 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, im new to the site and i found the game on google yesterday. The game looks sick! I have allways wanted to play a space game, i have been on some before that were free games and they was not that food.

I am changing rooms soon with my sister... she gets the big room... but i am getting a new PC with surround sound, and i was thinking that this game would be good with a Joystick and surround sound.

So what is the best Joystick for this game? Like movement, speed, shooting, PVP.

I have been looking at the Cyborg evo Force Feedback, Cyborg X and X52 Pro Flight System from Saitek but the Pro seems abit too much just for a Joystick.

What do you think is the best?

2. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Force Feedback 2 is the only joystick I think I'll ever recommend, but I think the only place to get them now is eBay, and whether or not they'll work with Windows 7...

3. Universal-X1

Universal-X1 Recruit

Oct 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I looked for the FF2 on ebay the other day and they are £100+ and the new PC i am getting is vista.

4. kwip

kwip Knight

Dec 27, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a big fan of the Saitek Cyborg Evo, but just because it's one of the few joysticks that accommodate my fat paws. Also, it has shiny lights in the base buttons. Mmmmm, shiny.

5. biteme

biteme Senior Magnate

Jun 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster t.16000m, the more I use it the more I like it. I am actually able to hit things with this stick something I have never been able to do with any other stick including the FF2. I am a mouser in JG because I could never adjust to the mechanical slop in all joysticks on the market and was always amazed at the people that were so damn good with them.

The 16000 has no mechanical slop at all and is smooth as silk. I believe that there will be 2 groups of people in JGC/E, people that use the 16000 and the rest who will get demoralized by the people that use it. Anyone that says otherwise has never tried one.

I'm not kidding here the stick is that good. If they would just make a separate throttle with the same tech it would a perfect system.

6. Universal-X1

Universal-X1 Recruit

Oct 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That Thrustmaster t.16000m looks pretty sick i will check it out, thanks :)

7. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    The Thrustmaster T-flight is the same tech with a seperate throttle. And is very cheap.

Thor

8. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Are you sure it's the same tech? I didn't think it was.

I like the T-16000 a lot -- but not as much as I like the FF2.

P.S., last time I checked you could also snatch an FF2 on Amazon. But they are expensive.

9. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    I know the T-Flight also has optical pots and is very precise i'm reasonably sure they wouldn't make different innards for two current models.

Thor

10. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I did a quick read-through on the website. They tout the Hall Effect magnetic sensors and 16k x 16x resolution on the T-16000, but nary a word about it on the T-Flight. I don't think the latter has the new tech.

11. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    Nope the T-Flight uses optical sensors not hall effect sensors, but it is very accurate and cheap and has a throttle. :)

Thor

12. Harvester

Harvester Apprentice

Jun 6, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thing with the T16000 is besides the trigger and hat, all the buttons are rubber contacts, like a TV remote control. This could be good, depending on if you like holding the buttons in hard and tend to wear out the switches in just about every other stick on the market. I seem to prefer this, seeing as I perform surgery on my FF2 to replace the switches from time to time.

13. Berzerker

Berzerker Apprentice

Oct 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi GrimGriz. I dug out my old forcfeedback 2. Used and old paint scraper to clean off years of dust and crud. Plugged it in and kicked my computer. I can confirm it works on windows 7, it took a little messing around to get a usb driver to install for it, but once the driver installed the stick works perfectly. It even has force feedback. The stick works as good as it did before MS nerfed the drivers.

Once you have installed it, go to control panel>devises and Printers(not devise manager) to set it up.:Peace!:

14. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
  15. usalman

usalman Commander

Mar 19, 2007
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

GG is absolutely right ... my last ff2 cost cica £50 on e-bay

Thread Status: