1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite: Dangerous Roll Call

Discussion in 'Elite: Dangerous Talk' started by Jump, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Same here Ambro. Without a Joystick and shoulders in pain I just haven't given much to it.

2. Tritian

Tritian Senior Magnate Stella Imperia Dev

Jun 26, 2007
    Ratings:
    +152 / 3 / -1
    I'm there... Tritian

I'm having fun. I wish some things were way different but it'll do.

3. Berzerker

Berzerker Apprentice

Oct 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am using my old Forcefeedback II that now works again after updating to win 7

Oh yeh put me on the list thingy as well

4. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    List updated

5. Sicarius

Sicarius Initiate

Aug 12, 2013
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I just started playing. PureSicariusX

6. Taymar

Taymar Apprentice

Jul 25, 2008
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Trit,

I've paid for it and dabbled with beta but haven't got into it on a big scale, as yet. I'd like to read your thoughts on it's up and downsides before I go full throttle.

Your experience on various games and our history on various discussions means I have to hear what you think about this, so please lay it out for me in your unique style.

7. ilk

ilk Apprentice

Aug 17, 2007
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am playing - Cmdr Kerago. Just tooled around a conflict zone for the first time, potential to be fun. Too easy to wimp out though, flew my cobra like it was a tensy with infinite flashfires and was super easy to avoid the one human who decided he wanted to target me.

8. Tikigit

Tikigit Senior Magnate

Nov 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +415 / 17 / -0
    Likely going to make the plunge for the game tomorrow and then just cross my fingers they deliver on all the missing stuff.

From the sounds of things, a lot of the missing content will be added through 'expansions' however which I'm assuming they mean paid expansions due to the distinction from content updates... so could be to get the full experience could end up being rather pricey.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. selbie

selbie Senior Magnate

May 18, 2008
    Ratings:
    +209 / 6 / -1
    Aw shucks I thought you would have got it by now. Lifetime Expansions were a small upgrade cost with the Beta buy-in.

10. Tikigit

Tikigit Senior Magnate

Nov 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +415 / 17 / -0
    Too much else going on atm unfortunately.

11. Taymar

Taymar Apprentice

Jul 25, 2008
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well it's not quite JG but as Tritian has said - 'It'll do'.

I am impressed that so much of the original experience has been retained with this latest game, it feels like I've travelled back in time to the eighties and I'm back on my C64 or BBC micro playing. That said the visuals are stunning and combat, once you've got the hang of it satisfies the need for PEW PEW.

There's so much potential for this game, a lot like JG back in the day but just like JG there's a lot of verbal pushing and shoving from the community to get what they want as fast as possible. I'm not sure ED will reach it's full potential and avoid going the way of Eve but it's a good start and feels like a game that's going to keep me hooked.

12. Berzerker

Berzerker Apprentice

Oct 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeh this is good, I have waited a long time to play this again.

13. Tikigit

Tikigit Senior Magnate

Nov 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +415 / 17 / -0
    Grabbed the game finally.

Really enjoying it, though not sure what all the fuss about docking is all about.

Other than finding the assigned bay (which after noticing the compass changes to direct you too became a non-issue), docking is a breeze to do with zero collisions.

14. skipjack

skipjack Senior Magnate

Jul 3, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok I have downloaded the game but all I have is the basic combat trainer as a option. Do you have to complete that before you can go farther?

15. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    No you should be able to join the normal server as well. In the login screen right above the combat trainer choose Elite: Dangerous and start.

16. skipjack

skipjack Senior Magnate

Jul 3, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Thor just had to do a couple of reboots to sort things out. I am currently running the training since it's been awhile since I have played a joystick game. My in game name is Skipjac

Cheers
    Skip

17. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    I have never gotten the trainer to work. It always crashes as soon as I click on it. Nice to see you @skipjack.

18. Milkman

Milkman Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    FYI i did get this finally. :p

• Winner! Winner! x 1
    • mmmmmm Pie! mmmmmm Pie! x 1
  19. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Updated the list. Anyone else?

20. kration

kration Recruit

Aug 12, 2015
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    'kration' reporting in.

A kickstarter backer for ED and with hindsight I'm impressed about how much JG has inluenced the new game.

See you all out there.

• Beer Beer x 1