1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat First post-E3 Q&A

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Radi, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radi

Radi Senior Magnate

Jan 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Radi

Radi Senior Magnate

Jan 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow. A lot has changed. I wonder how much crowd it will attract when it is launched.

3. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Well removing most of the economy should pretty much eliminated a big chunk of the potential audience.

4. daslog

daslog Senior Magnate

Jun 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like the game might be "Planetside in Space" While it's certainly Jumpgate in name only, I will still play it. It may be only for a month or two until the fun runs out, but it is what it is.

5. Tim

Tim Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why wait for that, when I could go play Vendetta Online right now?

that's a shame.

6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    As it stands I can't see how JGE is an improvement over Jumpgate -- in fact it seems pretty inferior other than the pretty graphics. And if all I wanted was pretty graphics I'd play Eve.

So I'll just continue to play Jumpgate. :D

7. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    I'm with you Ambro

Thor

8. Johnny_Prime

Johnny_Prime Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2005
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This interview made me very sad. They've RUINED it for me. I love the fact that I can haul, mine and arty-hunt WHILE people are fighting near me.

One of the reasons Jumpgate Pirate Radio was started was to help entertain the players involved in the less intense Jumpgate play.

Oh well, Long Live Jumpgate!

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Senior Magnate

Mar 22, 2005
    Ratings:
    +87 / 13 / -0
    I hate whoever first used the term reboot in this way. JGE was supposed to be a massive update to Jumpgate Classic, not a brand new game. Then when it took that direction it was supposed to be a sequel. Now they are calling it a reboot and the game is just an empty shell of where it came from.

What a waste. Fuck you Netdevil/Gazillion.

10. biteme

biteme Senior Magnate

Jun 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    They have been saying that JGE will not be JGC2 way back since Awen was CM. None of this is news except that much of the game play still seems to be up in the air. I would be surprised if they launch in 2011.

I will still try it, it may be a kick for a while as long as the flight model is close to the old one.

11. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Senior Magnate

Mar 22, 2005
    Ratings:
    +87 / 13 / -0
    Meh. Regardless of how long they've been saying it doesn't change the fact that it was the original intent, imo. I guess they can make whatever game they want to make but I don't think this game is similar enough to Jumpgate Classic to have the name Jumpgate. Other than the faction names the game is entirely different. Why didn't they just switch the faction names and call it something else.

Either way, I don't expect this game to be that successful. It seems very much like Auto Assault from this most recent information and we all know how well that turned out. It doesn't sound like the game has any sort of long term appeal.

Oh well, hopefully someone someday will make a decent space sim, or Jumpgate Classic will start making money again so Istvan can hire more devs.

12. Diver012

Diver012 Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    totally agree.. I enjoyed the hauls, and arti hunting as well.. removing that is removing a reason to even want to try the damn game in the first place.. might as well keep playing JGC.

13. kwip

kwip Knight

Dec 27, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow. While I knew this was never going to be like Classic, I can't believe they're forgoing trading, mining, pirating, etc.

I guess it's obvious how pure-combat games work SOOO well. Because Auto-Assault is... Oh, wait...

Nobody believes in "niche" markets anymore. They all want to be the next WoW-killer. It's a shame everyone wants to be Blizzard and nobody will settle for being CCP.

14. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I'm sure there are niche market models where you make money without even being as successful as Eve. Unfortunately, JGE stopped being a Netdevil game and became a Gazillion game.

15. Tobyus

Tobyus Senior Magnate

Aug 7, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does Scorch still have any influence on the direction of JGE? I hate to see another game with Netdevil's name on it fail...
    Posted via Mobile Device

16. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I don't think it's much, if any.

17. Krabb

Krabb Initiate

Mar 1, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a massive bummer. From space opera to space top 40 pop music.

18. Tobyus

Tobyus Senior Magnate

Aug 7, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling you are right... He just seemed to be pushed to the side in that E3 video.
    Posted via Mobile Device

19. Thor

Thor Senior Magnate

Sep 23, 2006
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -0
    More like opera to disco. :pi_cry:

Thor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.