1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat How are we all since the horrible covid?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Sinver, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Sinver

Sinver Senior Magnate

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -0
    Hi all,

It has been a long time, but I hope you are all well. Covid hit hard, and has affected many people. I work in a hospital, and have seen many things but am blessed that so far I have not contracted it.

I feel now is a good time to re enter the universe, and I hope to see you there.

Regards

Sinver

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sinver

Sinver Senior Magnate

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -0
    Ah, well, it seems downloading the client is not as easy as I thought. The link on the tri page doesnt seem to work :(

edit, I found an old copy on my laptop :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  3. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 52 / -0
    Had Covid, over in a couple days. It's all fear mongering.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Aeghwhyn

Aeghwhyn Initiate

Sep 4, 2016
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't go with fear mongering. It hardly depends on your age and general health status and many other factors. Buddy of mine (Mid 20s) didn't even recognize it. And then there is my cousin (early 40s), currently attached to one of these fance breathing machines.

5. Acejakk

Acejakk Initiate

Nov 14, 2020
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see more people re-returning :) Wb Sinver!

Work in healthcare by any chance?
    I'm so glad that a lot of people, like you, have minor symptoms. Although it's not about those that don't have minor symptoms, it's about the ones that can't fight it easily, like you did.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  6. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 52 / -0
    Then quarantine them and leave everyone else be.

7. Sinver

Sinver Senior Magnate

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -0
    Wow. Just wow.

If people are being tactful because you run this site Jump, please afford me the luxury to be blunt. You are a fucking idiot.

I am pleased you recovered, and that you did not suffer. But people are dying. People are suffering from it. Those that lost their livelihoods, those who have "long covid symptoms".

In my job as a hospital pharmacy technician, I have seen stuff I can never unsee. I have see and experienced extremely difficult circumstances, and I am not even HALF of the front line some of my very brave colleagues are.

Your view, and comments are VERY disappointing, and frankly insulting.

Stick your site up your arse. I will never use it again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Acejakk

Acejakk Initiate

Nov 14, 2020
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Quarantine strictly the majority of the world population, that doesn't have symptoms? How would you accomplish that?

9. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 52 / -0
    No, quarantine the people at high risk. Most people are NOT high risk and are being locked in their fucking homes by fucking idiots. Lives are being destroyed.

10. Acejakk

Acejakk Initiate

Nov 14, 2020
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Let me preface this by saying the blunt quarantine of people without minimally considering economic and social consequences was/is wrong.
    As with all things, the hardest thing to do is to find a balance.
    ( In my country ) Since the first wave, they've adjusted it and there's no full quarantine no more, except if you're suspected of having the virus. There's also government support for those who lost revenue in their businesses.
    Vaccine production and distribution will probably only reach non-critical people in the end of the next year.

That being said, there's still a lot of unknowns about the virus, even now, so you do not know now what the long-term effects of having the disease does to your body.
    Plus, what you're also really doing by quarantining and flattening the curve is giving hospitals some breathing room and preventing it from going over capacity to treat people.

Again, we still know very little about the virus. A friend of mine who runs marathons, never had a health problem in his life, doesn't drink or smoke, got it and didn't even have a single symptom. Until he attempted to do what he does for a living and found out he couldn't even run 2km, due to shortness of breath and permanent damage to his lungs.

All the people at high risk is still a very high number of people, and it would still not prevent the virus from spreading, it would simply theoretically lower the mortality rate slightly.

Let's just hope we return to normal ASAP and hopefully things can change for the better there as well!

11. Martlet

Martlet Initiate

Feb 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    bingo

12. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 52 / -0
    And since you went and whined on Facebook you should know that I'm the admin there as well. I've done nothing but serve this community and I have a right to my opinion especially when asked. Have a nice day buttercup.