1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Econ How do food and water affect production these days?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by Flowbar, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Many years ago, if I remember correctly, a station would consume one water and one food (grain, man food or org food) every production cycle if they were available and at the same time double the production output of everything that could be made from its ingredients without using more of the other stuff. Is it still the same?

2. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    We just haven't figured it all out yet. There is no jossh data. That stuff has to be added one by one and there is only one guy working on it.

3. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    b4ogfu.png

The one on top is AFTER ogfu, manfu and grain (and quanus ice) were added, but water was already there.

So, it looks like a station being properly fed will reduce the gallium consumed from 14 every 3 cycles to 11 every 3 cycles.

4. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +337 / 40 / -2
    Food and water do (or at least used to) have impact on production but I don't know by how much. I do know that organic food was most effective, followed by manufactured food and then plain old grain.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    It's a measurable effect, those numbers crunch. :)