1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hesitate to give this any credence...

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Roleplay/In Game/IC' started by RazorsKiss, Feb 26, 2018.

1. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    +15 / 0 / -0
    But here's what the whackadoodle, Zar-Kwon, said.

"Yes, it is I!

PCUC-10s are greatly desired! I will happily pay 1u of platinum for each!"

(He did this a few months ago - and I have no idea what it was supposed to be about, or now- they aren't used for anything. But I digress.)

"They know, they know!
    And banks, yea, towers and of Ares?
    And banks, yea, towers and of Ares?
    That river, Marius' or blood? Be warned and listen underneath.
    Ye that marries in triumph over tributariot -when you now strembled to wall out.
    Pray for Marius! Patient expectavius patient expectavius:
    They were here."

He also said "Prope est" twice - and "But they said it. You said they said it!"

Also said GrimFalcon was a charlatan.
    "CHARLATAN!! False prophecy, that. It is not the river, the blood that comes."

Then he repeated the "that river" and "ye that marries" gobbledygook, and said "prope est" twice.

Prope est, in ancient Octavian, is "it is near".

However, he mixed up "Ares" in there, and that's from pre-Octavian days, although I recognize it as the God of war.

So, if we were to try to make this make sense:

They know x2
    And banks (of the river that follows, perhaps?), yes, Towers (stations?) and of The War God (Should be Mars, and would make a better pun on Marius' name)?
    That river, is it Marius' (perhaps the Emperor of Ares Prime - belonging to him?) or blood?
    Be warned and listen (deeper?) underneath.
    Ye, who (join together?) marries in triumph over (tribute? a subject nation?)
    -when you now strembled to wall out (incomprehensible line)
    Pray for Marius, Patient (the one who suffers - should be patiens) expectavius (suspense) x2
    They were here.
    It is near. x2.

Best I can do.
    Of course, this followed 303031, the Enforcer who attacked the Amananth convoy, saying the two weird lines in this same "prophecy", according to Zar-Kwon.

Your guess is as good as mine.
  2. Kanthakeh

Kanthakeh Initiate

Mar 7, 2014
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Beginning with the PCUC-10.
    PCUC-4/8/9/12 are used to build repair-beams.
    Anyone remembers if PCUC-10's ever were asked for in a special event, to build something unusual?
    The payment, 1 unit Platinum?
    Platinum can only be mined and is used to build mining lasers and radars mainly.
    Nothing to work with, tbh.

The prophecy, I need to know more about it. Where can I find the document you spoke about RazorsKiss ? * Nevermind, found it!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. brucemangee

brucemangee Commander

May 31, 2014
    +26 / 0 / -0
    There are some PC-UC10 on public POSs. It can be bought, but not with platinum ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MadCat

MadCat Recruit

Jan 17, 2018
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember if it was the UC10, but I think there was a UC involved with one of the Amananth FMs back in the day. Granted this would have been 15 years ago so my memory is admittedly fuzzy.