1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joystick I'm back...kind of

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by jelomadnes, Feb 13, 2017.

1. jelomadnes

jelomadnes Marksman

Jul 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Jump, what's shaking? I've been gaming lately, nothing on line however, but that may change. Need some info on(you guessed it) joysticks. I need one, my old Saitek X52 that I used back in the day died about 5 years ago and I never replaced it. I like the new ones, but saw and heard some good things about the Thrust Master Wart Hog. Is the Thrust Master worth the extra $200?

I'm looking at getting into either Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous. Don't know which, I need to read more, but only one of them. Looking forward to every ones opinion on these topics and in all likely hood ignoring most of them, please don't take it personally.

jelo

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Daggerow

Daggerow Initiate

Jan 31, 2017
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Take two Thrustmaster T16000m. No other Stick has this magnetic H.A.L.L. Sensors for this Price, same Sensors on the 300€ Version. I have 2 of them (left+right Handed) and be happy. Have also X-55 and it is crap, all H.O.T.A.S. only for Aerodynamic Flight and not for physicaly vacuum Flight.
    My engl isn't the best, but i hope u understand me well. Watch this linked Video and u will understand what u have to buy for SC or ED.
    cheers

SC - HOTAS or DUAL Stick - which is Better ( TheNOOBFIER1337)

... and the last Video is about all Control Methods in SC (must see)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    Hey @jelomadnes! What's up old friend. Long time no see. Looks like @Daggerow answered your question. While you're trying to figure it all out jump in and play some Jumpgate and get the feel again. It's free. Don't be such a stranger to JSR. :p

PS: I moved this to the hardware forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jelomadnes

jelomadnes Marksman

Jul 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Jump gate is free?!?

• Beer Beer x 1
    • mmmmmm Pie! mmmmmm Pie! x 1
  5. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    Jumpgate TRI

6. Veloxi

Veloxi Senior Magnate

May 24, 2004
    Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -0
    I have something of a frankenstein setup, but it works wonderfully with a wide variety of older and newer games. Basically:

Joystick - Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 - The best stick you'll find for old games and new. I use it all the time in Jumpgate, Elite, TIE Fighter, Freespace 2, you name it. So wonderful on its own or coupled with other things, like:
    Throttle - Saitek X-52 Pro - Great throttle for a lot of games, with plenty of buttons and switches.
    Pedals - CH Pro Pedals - Comfortable and with multiple axes.

The whole setup cost me about $200, and it's worth every penny. Even just the stick alone is worth it, and easy to get on Ebay.

microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2 | eBay

This one is a great buy, for example:

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 USB Power Joystick X05-92622 Original Box

I love the stick so much I now own five of them. You know...backups...;)

So that's my $0.02. I hope it helps!