1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plot Infest/New Spawn correlations

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by RazorsKiss, Jan 19, 2018.

1. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Very rough, but fairly consistent correlation between new threat level increases and infest locations over time - and definite clustering of infests around Main Gate - 3 separate infests of MG<>GVB, for example. Lone sentient incursion in recent days was also in Main Gate. I won't say there's fire as yet - but there's definitely smoke.

Incidentally, this is the primary reason I started Last Parsec. UUNN won't report on infests, apparently - but this clearly shows that it needs reportage, by someone. There were two separate, clear patterns of infests that had definite correlation with an upcoming event - the changed flux threat levels. There were LP-reported infests at nearly two-thirds of the locations we assigned an increased threat level to. Unreported infests may have been present at others, but I have no data for those. Infests have, historically, been indicators of upcoming Flux activity - and they remain such indicators. Hyperial is clearly under some sort of increased attention, and probably threat, and the pattern also indicates a threat to the Solrain-Quantar corridor(s).

There were LP reported infests adjacent to Blasted Corner, The Stith, The Main Gate (Multiple times - heaviest concentration, by far), Aman Hook - not reported is Hyp Gate, Greater Arm or Bronci Rift. Even so, we're just talking reported infests. Correlation does not equal causation - but it's sure better than a poke in the eye.

2. Kanthakeh

Kanthakeh Initiate

Mar 7, 2014
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Quantar forces (Paselja and me) destroyed an infest GVB to ZR yesterday.
    It was first recognized 0600 and destroyed at 2345 (Ekoos-time).
    21 Nuke hits were counted.
    No signs of sentient activities.

3. Sinver

Sinver Magnate

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    I keep missing these sent attacks. I mean literally, they happen as soon as I log off. I just want to clarify in case anyone thinks it, it isn't me!

• Coffee Coffee x 1
  4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
    Maybe the fluxies are afraid of your documented skillz? :)

• Like Like x 1