1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat JgRotPro suddenly stopped working?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Sinver, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Sinver

Sinver Knight

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks, does anyone here use JgRotPro? Mine has suddenly stopped working. I changed nothing in it so can only assume a windows update has scuppered it.

I use Windows 10 for the record. I tried compatibility tests for windows xp, 7 and 8 but to effect. It just says theres a problem and stops working, then a large window of text appears. Clicking ok here closes the program.

I don't particularly want to roll back my os just for this but given its long since been supported what other choice do I have?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sinver

Sinver Knight

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Quick update, this is a picture of the error message. I get it on both my laptops. It worked about 2 weeks ago so it has to be an update?

Attached Files:

3. Sinver

Sinver Knight

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Update on the update!

I can get it working now. Simply just by not clicking OK on that error message. Move it to one side and ignore it, and jgrotpro works as normal. No idea why, or what the message means, but it works and that is all that matters :)

4. Sinver

Sinver Knight

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    An update on the update of the update!

Although the above workaround does indeed work, it will not list the roid positions in game. This leads me to believe it is the myrotacol.dat file that is causing the problem. More to follow!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nesayar

Nesayar Crusader

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2 / -0
    Shalim Sinver,
    did you already delete the file in your jgrot mask? Not sure, eventually jgrot tries to connect to the old myrotacol-ws which no longer exists.

6. Sinver

Sinver Knight

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    No Nes, I know what you mean, the screen in question would indeeed try to connect, fail and we all carry on as usual. I honestly think this is something to do with the asteroid data. The reason I say this, is even with my workaround mentioned above, everything works in the program EXCEPT roid data which comes up blank.

I hope someone finds a solution, sadly for me it doesn't matter as due to other well reported reasons I will no longer be playing.