1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jumpgate Evolution Scheduled For Release June 2009

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Jump, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    From Codemasters News Release.

"Codemasters Online and developer NetDevil announced that Jumpgate Evolution®, the action-based PC Massively Multiplayer Online game that promises exhilarating space combat on a vast scale, is scheduled for take-off this June."

Hopefully Beta starts soon(tm)?

2. usalman

usalman Commander

Mar 19, 2007
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    "We're right on the cusp of large-scale outside testing, and we intend to launch in the first half of next year."

Sounds like beta soon (tm) to me

3. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    I merged the two threads. Beta Sooooooon(tm)?????

4. Eraser55

Eraser55 Senior Magnate

May 31, 2005
    Ratings:
    +77 / 8 / -0
  5. Veloxi

Veloxi Senior Magnate

May 24, 2004
    Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -0
  6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    That sounds like bad news to me. It confirms that beta will not be used for any input. Just a little stress testing and a lot of marketing hype.

7. REDRUM

REDRUM Apprentice

Apr 8, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmmm I just went to JGE forums and it said my user name was deemed inappropriate lol damn I havent even played JGE yet seems my griefing is already a problem.

8. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2004
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I sent a letter directly to ND on the matter of forum access last week and haven't head squat. This does not bode well for future relations with the JGE folks. As Ambro indicated, the Beta will apparently be just a stress test with no room for pilot input. I guess they really don't need the vets of JGC for anything other than sheep to be shorn. What a f'ing shame.

9. Radi

Radi Senior Magnate

Jan 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I don't care anymore. If I like it, I will play it. If not, I will not lose sleep over it.

10. Hornet

Hornet Senior Magnate

Jul 30, 2007
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
  11. Facetious One

Facetious One Initiate

Feb 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well.. guess that is ok... gives me time to build my new puter system, brew about 3-5 kegs of beer and get my patio roof put up after I get home.... and in time for the game to start..

12. Diver012

Diver012 Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Im excited. :) Yeah!

13. Telepath

Telepath Senior Magnate

Jan 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I'm not holding my breath for it. It'll either be out late or incomplete, and with beta seemingly not being used for anything useful other than stress testing and mass appeal testing... meh

14. Downy

Downy Initiate

Feb 14, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    omg i cant wait. i almost creamed my jeans watching the new trailer

15. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I'm looking forward to it. But I'm disappointed in that it appears beta will not be used for any real tester input. I've started wading through the sewage of my spam-box ... just in case a beta notification got trapped there. :) And it's a good thing I did. There's this guy in Kenya who has two truckloads of money he wants to give me. I'm emailing him as soon as I get done this post . . .

16. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    I think my odds are better with the guy in Kenya than getting a beta invite.

17. Ratneck

Ratneck Senior Magnate

Dec 13, 2006
    Ratings:
    +55 / 3 / -0
    When I went to that meet-up down in NYC with them, I suggested to Khatie that she should at least stop in here and register to say hi and open a dialog. I see that suggestion fell on deaf ears.

18. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Yeah, I don't think they like us much here anymore. They were happy to use us when they had no forum of their own but they cut the rope pretty quick when they got one up. That's ok though. I'm happy to be used for the community.

19. Yankee

Yankee Knight

Aug 29, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Its because you all smell like old people... :lurk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.