1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jumpgate Evolution Scheduled For Release June 2009

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Jump, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milkman

Milkman Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    My thoughts exactly... i hope it doesn't get rushed out before its ready.

As for them not coming here... these forums have been a bit... hostile... to some in the past... so can't say im too surprised. Not agreeing with it... just not surprised...

2. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Supposedly I'm in because I'm an active JGC sub -- but that does not mean I'll get in early. I've been a fanboi for a long time, but I've also been pretty blunt in my crtiticism from time to time, so who knows. I don't even know who is running the beta -- CM or ND. Usually it would be the publisher, but there are some odd divisions of responsibility going on with JGE.

3. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    What? These forums are not hostile. People are allowed to be honest about how they feel here. If that's hostile then so be it. Netdevil didn't hang here for the first six months because we are hostile.

We have posted many good things about JGE on these forums and it's front page. There is nothing hostile about disagreeing with a published or potential aspect of the game. It's called opinion not hostility. And opinions are allowed here.

If the relationship between JSR and NetDevil has soured then it is solely on there end. I like them just fine.

4. Eraser55

Eraser55 Senior Magnate

May 31, 2005
    Ratings:
    +77 / 8 / -0
    I was too in, untill I realised I was wasting my money on something that may never come.. or wont be worth it.. so no beta for me I guess. not that I care much tho.

5. Milkman

Milkman Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    Haha... ok that wasn't meant as an attack on you or your site so calm down a bit. This is just my opinion and observations... So let me re-phrase... some of the posters here have been quite... harsh... maybe hostile... tword netdevil, dev's reps, and or game in general and or decisions or perceved directions things were going. You are totally correct that they are valid opinions, but they are quite vocal at times as well as quite prevolent at times as well. So why come to read more complaints on a 3rd party site when they have plenty of those on their own. :p Haven't i had this conversation on here before? Plus im not a netdevil employee, you would have to ask scott what he thinks of the site... blarg.

Anyway... back to the excitement concern about the june release an soon to be beta.

6. Ratneck

Ratneck Senior Magnate

Dec 13, 2006
    Ratings:
    +55 / 3 / -0
    One of the worst mistakes a company can make is to ignore their critics. Not because they'll attack harder, but because surrounding yourself with yes-men who will say and do anything to play in the beta of a game won't help you to improve the game.

Balance is the name of the game. They need some critics and some yes-men, some classic players and some new players, the yin and the yang. Some nice & tasty yang. All in all, the only group a developer has to be afraid of is the group that doesn't want to share their opinion....because then they'll never know what they can do to satisfy a larger player base.

7. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2004
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Ratneck, most of all they need to 1) have a game for people to play 2) make the game worth playing and 3) display a willingness to listen to people for ways to make the game more attractive to more people.

8. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    It's kind of like when I watch AI with the kids. So many people go on there and look stupid because no one ever told them they sing like shit. The whole "you're ok, I'm ok, everything is ok" concept does no good for anyone anytime. If you feel a certain way you should say what you feel.

*waits for the hordes to say what they feel about Jump*

:D

9. Telepath

Telepath Senior Magnate

Jan 6, 2006
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Jump you're a douche. Not really, you made a great site and I'm glad you made JSR.

But yes, there is such thing as constructive criticism, and America has come to believe that criticism of any kind is bad because it supposedly insults your opinion, which you relate to yourself, and so you then think that people are insulting you. I hope you followed that and it made sense.

Crazy, I actually learned something from my philosophy/rhetoric book :sconf:

10. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

11. Sinupe

Sinupe Initiate

Mar 10, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Burn,

Despite our disagreements in the past we certainly agree in that.

I quit JG last year after realizing where Awen wanted to go with JGE. Once I got news of her demise I resumed my interest - this was a few days ago btw.

Where's everyone?

Sinupe

PS: Damn, I miss TriSHian mowning over TS.

12. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Well I play because I still love playing -- not to get a beta key. Guess I'm just weird that way. ;)

13. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Awen was just a voice, she had nothing to do with the direction JG:E was pushed, that was all Herman and Scott Brown masterbating to fantasies of JG taking it from the rear while WoW pulled its hair.

I actually liked Awen and was sad to see her go.

14. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Yes people personalize too much. Or worse yet, they make the assumption of personalization on others. Assuming that someone would be mad if you told them their farts stank like poo. :D

15. Eraser55

Eraser55 Senior Magnate

May 31, 2005
    Ratings:
    +77 / 8 / -0
    Well, I was hoping they would reverse the MT patch also.. was actually the main reason i was still subscribed. And it leaves me with mixed feelings, when so many paying people are against and have voiced their opinions on forums over the years, and still nothing has been done, then what is it going to take for them to listen to us or anyone else when it comes to JGE. Im glad you still love playing it, I wish I could. I still love jumpgate, but I just cant play with those restrictions.

16. Sinupe

Sinupe Initiate

Mar 10, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well the problem was she was very explicit:

> "We want to give unskilled people the chance to compete with skilled ones."

> "Bouncing from stuff is a nice feature since you don't keep dying all the time"
    (these aren't faithful reproductions btw)

We're talking about an "official voice" for JGE, a paid employee and personally I don't pay people to say things I don't want about my own products.

She said it, it wasn't taken back, it was official policy.

I canceled the sub and quit checking foruns.

The fact that Awen left ND for a direct competitor of JGE also makes you wonder about her character (not sure if she quit or was fired btw).

Sinupe

17. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2004
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Ambrosius I am with you 100% on this matter. I still prefer playing JGC to just about anything else in my life. Perhaps that says more about my life than it does about the game, but so be it.

My hope is that JGE will be commercially successful, regardless of whether it pleases any of us here. I hope it is sufficiently successful that it can provide the money to get the talent to raise JGC to it's fullest potential. I think had Istvan been allowed to continue working on JGC it would be MUCH better than it is currently. Regardless of what happens to JGE, I hope they keep JGC up as long as anyone is willing to keep paying subscriptions to it.

18. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    AFAIK she was forced to leave when they signed the publisher. Maybe she did leave on her own, I know I would have in her position after seeing the way ND is handling this game.....

19. Hornet

Hornet Senior Magnate

Jul 30, 2007
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    What did she say??

20. Facetious One

Facetious One Initiate

Feb 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This the same Awen on the STO forums? -- I am truly waiting for that game! hopefully the wife will play also... Though whatever turn JGE will take... not sure how I will be able to split the time! currently I am in an awesome fleet that is setting its directive and path our fleet will take in the game to be able to quickly discover and share all the secrets :) --Hopefully we can start ramping up here to do the same!

Either way, I know u all are diehard JGC fans (somehow.. I missed this game... where the hell was I?? -- I did all the descent games, all the xwing/tie fighter, all the wing commander series/privateer)

But JGE still has awesome potential.... lets at least wait for Beta to bash?:lurk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.