1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jumpgate Evolution Scheduled For Release June 2009

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Jump, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratneck

Ratneck Senior Magnate

Dec 13, 2006
    Ratings:
    +55 / 3 / -0
    Yup, that's her.

2. Chubain

Chubain Magnate

Jan 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really think ND is still holding full control of game decisions, but who knows how much they will listen to CM. I get the sense the ND will do what ND wants to do.

3. Chubain

Chubain Magnate

Jan 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    She left after ND decided to use CM and change her role. As with many companies ND has a gameplan and then tends to change it a lot as they move along. She didn't like her new role/responsibly, so she found a new job.

4. Chubain

Chubain Magnate

Jan 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Khatie is saying that ND will NOT release JGE until they are happy with the finished product. She implied that if Beta testing uncovers issues that require additional coding, balancing issues, and other significant issues, ND will take the time to fix them prior to release. ND might delay the release of the game until Q3 or Q4 of 2009, but I don't see them pushing it into 2010. I guess we will know for sure once the testing starts.

I really hope ND still listens to the best ideas from the player base, but I have my concerns they think they already know what is best and are planning on listening politely to what we say and then doing what they want.

Chubain

5. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2004
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Boss have you had a chance to play as much of the game as is available? If so, is it any fun? I'm just scared that after all this hassle and the two-plus year wait it's going to turn out to be such pablum that the JGC vets will all flee from it enmass. Istvan was getting some where with JGC before he was pulled for JGE development. How much better could JGC be if he had been left unmolested to work on it?

6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I'm really disliking so many things I hear. Discussions about how much the DANCER flight engine is nerfed -- now the new revelation about friendly fire ... I though the whole purpose of factions within nations was to allow for civil war -- no losss of precious loot and cargo upon death -- and of course, safe zones.

(ewww -- I threw up in my mouth again.)

It makes one think that maybe they have decided to market JGE to the same audience as the Lego game.

I still hold out hope, but now my primary hope is that the game population and universe is big enough that we JGC hardcore people can enjoy our own 500-person meta-game, and just ignore the rest.

7. Divmontru

Divmontru Apprentice

Jul 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been waiting with baited breath... though quit playing classic after several months. Probably a dumb time to have quit since I remember them promising beta keys for players, etc.
    Let the more hard core die hards gets 'em.
    I'm just ready to fly whenever I get the chance, and only then can I truly comment on JGE.:cheerleader2:

8. quillo

quillo Commander

Feb 26, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So the date came and went...

Any news on this? Pre-order? Anything?

9. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
  10. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I think they meant June 2010

11. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    I don't believe NetDevil ever offered the June date or any other hard date.

12. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    The quote was taken from a ND release....so....yes, they did. Or are you saying Jump made that up?

13. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Nope, I just thought June was a CodeMasters thing, not NetDevil. But I'm old and forgetful.

EDIT: In reviewing the original, I'll stand by my assertion that it was a "CodeMasters thing" with Scorch standing along side, smiling and nodding, with a gun stuck in his back. ;)

14. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Well, it says "scheduled for take off". So take off eh.

I thinks it's been taken off the release list for this year.

All the fans have taken off.

The did take the best offer for the company.

Etc....
    Posted via Mobile Device

15. Larommi

Larommi Magnate

Jul 7, 2007
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    *sigh*

I really do not want to renew WoW this fall. I guess its time to find another game for when the weather gets cold.

16. LadyDracoe

LadyDracoe Senior Magnate

Jul 25, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    sorry but this reminds me of when JGC was coming out "TM", I got to thinking about this,what if they don't want us vet's in this new game cause we know what they did to JGC. just a thought. I'll believe it when I see it , not getting my hopes up about it coming out any time soon.

17. Facetious One

Facetious One Initiate

Feb 3, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    X3 Terran Conflict has been my escape... not sure.. if I will have to check JGE Open beta out.. but loving the X3... I may just stick with it.

18. LadyDracoe

Jul 25, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    OK was told that JGE posted a release date for april, this year I'll believe it when I see it .

19. Johnny_Prime

Johnny_Prime Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2005
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. Star Trek online is mildly entertaining, but it's not JumpGate.

JP

20. LadyDracoe

Jul 25, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, STO was fun for a bit but aftr a bit it got boring, I felt like I was running the same quests just at a higher level. I wanted to be Klingon not Fed. but I did'nt want to do pure pvp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.