1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Left 4 Dead 2 Free on Steam

Discussion in 'Game Deals' started by Jump, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
  2. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
    Left 4 Dead Blog

To celebrate the holidays in a special way this year, Left 4 Dead 2 will be free until 10AM PST 12/26.

It will be free as in, grab it now, pay no money, and it is yours to keep forever – FOR FREE!

To claim your L4D2 gift, all you need to do is install it.

3. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
    So you have 9 hours and 20 minutes after this post looks like.

4. Vash

Vash Magnate

Aug 8, 2013
    Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    Hopefully I am not too late. I am turning on my steam now... updating ... err... 86MB update. I haven't used my steam for a little while.
    I bought L4D (1) soon after it came out and I remember playing it at a LAN party during a Christmas evening lol. but I never get to buy the L4D2.

5. Vash

Vash Magnate

Aug 8, 2013
    Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    Was it real? Or did I miss it?
    Left 4 Dead 2 is $9.99 in my steam store right now. So it is not free.

Where was the link? :(

6. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
    you missed it. Didn't you read the first two posts?

7. Vash

Vash Magnate

Aug 8, 2013
    Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    A few minutes by the look of it?

Stupid steam update wasted me a few minutes. Then I didn't know where to look lol. Took me a while to find it in the Steam store, and it was already $9.99.

8. TheViper

TheViper Marksman

Dec 2, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 4 / -0
    My friend got this deal and didn't tell me about ti until today. I almost slapped him silly because I was talking about getting this game soon and it was FREE!

Oh well, I guess I will just have to pull out the credit card and pay for it now.

9. alphabet

alphabet Senior Magnate

Jul 5, 2005
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I picked it up while it was free. There are a few of us at SN going to have a pick up game this weekend. I haven't played any of the LFD stuff, but I am totally into Zombies and FPS, so I am hoping it cool.

10. Tikigit

Tikigit Senior Magnate

Nov 21, 2008
    Ratings:
    +415 / 17 / -0
    I mostly only enjoy the game mode where you have two teams of players, who each take turns to play as infected and survivors. And then scores are compared on how far each team can get as survivors whilst the other team tries to stop them as the special infected zombies.

The base survivor game play mode generally just falls apart unless you're only playing with people you know. In random matchmaking it's just a -ing mess full of really daft people which makes most matches unplayable.... same problem exists with all the gameplay modes, but at least when you get to play as infected you can have some fun regardless to how bad your team mates are at cooperating as a group.

11. Vash

Vash Magnate

Aug 8, 2013
    Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    @Tikigit

I haven't played L4D2, but when I first played L4D (1), it was at a LAN party. 4 of us were playing the campaign together. It was fun. I agree that random team on the internet can be terrible, but sometimes it's not so bad. One time I played from a hotel room with terrible ping, then one guy kept saying I was terrible then he accidentally set off a car alarm and blamed it on me... a kick vote came up and I was kicked cos I didn't vote lol... it was 2 : 1 in the vote results.

Versus was indeed more fun, but it also requires good teamplay to win. I've seen countless times when the teamplay part fails, tanks drop like flies. Or on the opposite of the team, once I played a smoker and was able to strangle someone to death over the cause of almost a minute. His teammates weren't even looking or I'd be the one dead lol.

Generally speaking, most online multiplay game wouldn't have good teamwork unless it's a group of friends on teamspeak or vent communicate at real time.