1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plot Mining glitch

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Nezumi, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Nezumi

Nezumi Apprentice

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I found a pair of roids that can be mined at the same time. One of the mining lasers passes through the small one but hits it and the other 3 all hit the large roid and mine. both Heat up and the small one heats up faster just like you think it would.

The glitch/exploit is that after you dock or leave sector the large roid cools instantly and the small one stays hot. I was able to mine the large roid 5 times in 2 hrs by double mining with the laser hitting the small one at the same time.

Pilot Harvy flew into sector and noticed the large roid looked cool to him as it looked hot to me. I was going to dock and relaunch to confirm and had a control malfunction and hit the station... lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nezumi

Nezumi Apprentice

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed it works on different roids in different sectors.

Am I late to the party on this? Did anyone already know?

3. Nezumi

Nezumi Apprentice

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, new test failed. I cant do it using a Sol heavy miner. Only the light miner works so far.

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    Never tried that one. I noticed many moons ago that two or more miners working on the same roid will extract a lot faster than expected, but then the roid suddenly goes very cool very quickly, so some sort of update is done every now and then.