1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat New JGE trailer

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Rhainor, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhainor

Rhainor Initiate

Jul 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IGN just posted a new teaser trailer for JGE. Technically gameplay footage, but recorded from free-cam instead of from actual player's POV.

[EDIT]
    In retrospect, this probably should have gone in the "news" section. Move it if you like.

[EDIT 2]
    Here's the same trailer on YouTube:
    [video]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qAJGUf-sA&fmt=18"]YouTube - Jumpgate Evolution teaser trailer[/video]

2. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

3. Eraser55

Eraser55 Senior Magnate

May 31, 2005
    Ratings:
    +77 / 8 / -0
    rly nice.. looks much better when there are lots of ships.

4. Lordopic

Lordopic Senior Magnate

Jun 28, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you play it on mute it rocks, but have the sound on and all i can think is cheap BSG rip off.

5. Tritian

Tritian Senior Magnate Stella Imperia Dev

Jun 26, 2007
    Ratings:
    +152 / 3 / -1
    i prefer gameplay footage, but this is a neat trailer that shows a little hint of what fleet combat might look like.

still no first-person cam =(

6. Chaser

Chaser Commander

Jul 29, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like it a lot, they look like their going in the right direction here, and I like the 'edge' ships they showed a quick look of a couple, very nice. Of course we wont fly them but they'll look good before we splat them, lol.

7. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    There has been 1st-person available since way back when I saw the game. I believe they use 3rd-person a) to give it a more cinematic effect and b) because (from what I'd been told) most of the devs play it in 3rd person.

8. Tobyus

Tobyus Senior Magnate

Aug 7, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed that quite a bit :) That was a lot of ships!

9. Rangerw

Rangerw Initiate

Jul 9, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't help but think of a console game when I watch any of the teasers. The 3rd person few, and just the way the ship movement is screams console to me.

I can't help but think it may be console and PC and they haven't fessed up to the console release yet because it's new territory for ND and they want to make sure they can do it before announcing.

Been mining to much in JGC so you see what goes through my head while licking rocks.

10. Rangerw

Rangerw Initiate

Jul 9, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang, can't edit: few = view

11. Rhainor

Rhainor Initiate

Jul 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are some off-screen (as in, camera-recordings of someone playing) videos of first-person gameplay floating around the 'net, but they're gun-camera (HUD-only) instead of cockpit-view -- most likely because ND hasn't finished actually designing the cockpits yet. Official word is that it will be just like JGC: choose between cockpit, gun-cam, (FPV, no cockpit), and chase-cam (third-person).

12. Tim

Tim Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea, Ranger, but I can't imagine that there will ever be anything at all from any area of any game that ND will hold off announcing. If one of the ND folks let slip a fart that smelled even vaguely remenicent of a console, they'd start the 'family beta' tomorrow, even if they were 5 years from something that might be marketable.

I doubt there is anything 'deep' here. The game looks console-ish because everything pop-culture looks consoleish, and this game _screams_ pop-culture appeal.

I'll play the game when it comes out, unless arthritis has set in so bad that the folks at the retirement home won't let me play. Course, I'm assuming there will still be computers in 2024.

13. skipjack

skipjack Senior Magnate

Jul 3, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    it would be nice if we saw a beta invite instead of trailers

14. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Keep in mind that this thread is over a year old.

15. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Remember when ND used to give fan sites exclusives? That was awesome.

16. Tim

Tim Senior Magnate

May 23, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Remember when ND used to give fans games to play? _that_ was awesome :D

17. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    They probably still do. Not this one though.

18. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    It would not make sense to give exclusives to fansites when there are none with any appreciable traffic. JSR is, by far, the busiest of the fansites I've seen -- and there are rarely more than a handful of perople here at any given time -- often less.

So the exclusive material just goes to the commercial gaming sites.

19. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Stop humping their leg. JSR gets tonsbof traffic. Traffic has nothing to do with Joe many log in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

20. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    Im humping no one's leg. I think JGE is a complete clusterfuck and have said so often and loudly. Stop being so defensive. I'm not picking on JSR. It's just not what one would call an "active JGE fansite" (IMO).

It makes no business sense to give exclusives to you or me or any of the other JG sites any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.