1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat No new signups for JGC.

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Radi, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radi

Radi Senior Magnate

Jan 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
  3. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Senior Magnate

Jul 20, 2004
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Jump. but I don't see anything humorus about this at all. It looks like Scorch may have sold his soul for this game and now the Devil is calling in the markers. How much will anyone of us want to play a 'kiddie friendly' game? This ain't good.

4. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    Could be a good thing, sometimes it's best to let go of things that are suffering

5. Radi

Radi Senior Magnate

Jan 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Somehow I don't believe this is about getting children to play JG. JG is too old to be re-made it into the game what Gazillion wants/advertises and they most likely know it.

The hardest hitting point is that they stopped signup process.

6. Vinegar Goose

Vinegar Goose Apprentice

Dec 22, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is just Gazillion legal over-reacting. Let Scorch sort it out next week before declaring the end of JGC.

Its all biteme's fault, picking a fight on the JGE forum about his avatar name. :smash2:

JGC/JGE are both teen rated games. You cannot do open chat/voice on a COPPA-compliant game.

7. biteme

biteme Senior Magnate

Jun 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Damn it I knew I would get blamed for this. I didn't pick a fight I simply asked if I could get my name changed since ALPHA said that thats what he was there for and no one else before responded except to say they would look into it. All anyone had to do was say no we are not willing to change my name because of x,y or z, rockjaw did just that today And it only took like 2 years to get that awnser.

8. Vinegar Goose

Vinegar Goose Apprentice

Dec 22, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just teasing biteme, still the timing is too close not to be related. Does seem RockJaw just "shoeHorned" your old post from the previous forums.

9. biteme

biteme Senior Magnate

Jun 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I changed my name after a pm exchange with rockjaw.

10. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    The real question is... Who cares. really?

How many new sign ups have their been in the last X months?
    How many of those accounts stayed past the free trial?
    How many are still logging in?

Exactly.

I blame biteme for making the game less fun by not being in game to grief people 24/7

11. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    I thought it was Odiche's fault.

12. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    There are about 10-15 new sign-ups per day, about 1/3 of which actually play.

13. Jonboy

Jonboy Senior Magnate

Aug 17, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Part of me thinks that JGC is a piss poor advert for JGE, and they should let it die. I assume it makes just enough money to keep it going. It just doesn't have the critical mass needed to grow, tho. It's possible this is just a step on the road to killing the game, but I doubt it. If new sign ups aren't back up soon, the game will die shortly.

What worries me more is the idea that JGE will be further neutered for a kiddy audience. Players won't be allowed to fire custard pies at each other, let alone engage in piracy.

14. Karn

Karn Initiate

Jan 9, 2006
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They just need to give JGC to the peeps and move on. Have any of you played UO (Ultima Online)? It's a very old MMO, released in 1998-99 and still going. Not strongly but still kicking. The thing is that some industrious people have programmed their own server software using the free-to-download client that EA provides. Of which, some of these servers have more players on them than the current production servers, the main reason being the private servers have better support and more frequently updated content.

JG would thrive in such an environment.

15. Chubain

Chubain Magnate

Jan 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really liked UO back in the day. I played at release for about 3 years. Good times ganking people. The days before all these crutches were put into game to keep people safe. In UO you could and would be attacked anywhere (except towns) and at any time. Death=loss of everything on your person. Sweet memories...

16. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +333 / 40 / -2
    JG on private servers would be hack city.

17. xerout

xerout Commander

Aug 13, 2004
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This.

Xerout

18. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    Why should I have to have pieces of custard pie forced on me when I am just trying to enjoy some cherry pie by myself? There should be custard zones separate from the cherry zones. Nerf teh uber custard!

19. biteme

biteme Senior Magnate

Jun 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well it turns out that the cut off age will be 18 and all of this is was cause by financial lawyers in the Internet game business. It seems to be straightened out now by consulting with experts who BTW they own. :)

20. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    18 for Jumpgate?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.