1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat One Bad Apple

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by GrimGriz, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    While it occurs to me that some might consider me the bad apple, what with blowing stuff up and such, I ran into an issue I don't quite know how to deal with.

I don't really mind being the only person on the server to shoot, but it seems to me when people do shitty things on top of that it makes me not want to fly at all. I guess that's what happened to a lot of the people that walked away.

So, I'll leave this here:
    - If someone says 'gf' while you limp away, say it back
    - you can wait until they finish their duel before you take your easy kill

There is no mat farming, prosthetics farming, etc. and bounties are expensive AF to carry. Don't be a douche on top of all that if you like having someone to shoot at.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nesayar

Nesayar Senior Magnate

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +53 / 2 / -0
    It's not about "one bad apple", it's about "the pepper in the sauce"!

Making a sauce, you have to be careful how much pepper you use, otherwise it may happen,
    that the whole meal does have a bad taste.

We, all active players, are responsible for respectful dealing with each other, friend or foe.

We, a very small playerbase, have a huge playground with 100+ sandboxes to play in, everyone can build his own castle but noone can destroy the castle of an opponent ...

... that's a huge glitch in the system!

The only way to harm another faction is to destroy one of the buidlings, which has to be build again through a faction-mission and so on ...

Faction-Wars are obsolete, cause there aren't any squads left, who would go military, try to change the war-meter (if it still works?), and fight over beacons or sectors, cause we don't have the playerbase interested in that sort of things (not enough players).

Jumpgate was designed for exploring, mining, producing, fighting!

If the fighting doesn't happen, everything else is pure triviality.

3. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I think this is bunk. The RB-2 could have been reconstructed in Solrain Space and Quantar could have declared war in response.

We can fight over what stations get to produce what, because our GM can fiddle with that variable.

We can have flux RP that changes what sectors spawn what flux.

We are very limited, but not completely limited.