1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiki Production at Solrain Wake - what to keep in mind

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by Flowbar, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
    When hauliing commodities to Wake, please keep these things in mid:

• Electronics, Explosives and Iron make Traps, which will decay when above 500 once per hour, leading to a loss, some just disappear. To prevent this, never stock up heavily on all of those three commodities at the same time. Iron will be quickly consumed if the other ingredients for Composites are available, so bringing just some, or dumping Common ore, which contains lots of Iron, is ok (although not necessarily always perfect). Keep Iron levels low if you want to bring both Electronics and Explosives for maximum missile and power plant production.
    • Fiber Optics can be made, and will easily exceed 500 and start decaying, but keeping Silicon levels low will stop this. Synthetics, the other ingredient for Fiber Optics, can be used to make power plants and missiles instead.
    • Bringing Grain and Chemicals will make Manufactured Foods, which can be hauled for a profit to most stations, for example unreg stations like Klatsches Hold, from where you can bring much needed tier 1 commodities back to regulated space.
    • RF Transcievers are nice to make. They can be shipped to Cornea to make Proximity Fuses, which can then be shipped back to Wake to make Cutlass missiles, for a profit.
    • Wake is one of the few stations that does not use Water in any recipe, meaning it is ok to bring Water or Ice Ore here for boosting production.
    This post is using the "is Wiki post" option, so others can edit it.

• Winner! Winner! x 1
    Last edited by Flowbar: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
  3. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
    That seems to work. Nobody was ever interested in it before so I haven't looked at it in awhile. I'll have to see who has permissions to edit.

4. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 50 / -0
    I just checked. I have it set to anyone with 20 posts. Don't want spammers coming in here to change it to spam.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
    Super! I'll make a portal post that links to the individual station pages.

We need some sort of a wiki, maybe these Wikipost pages will do.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.