1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Econ Ship equipment

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by Flowbar, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    I've finally made two pages I've been missing badly since I had the discussion about what equipment to stock where a few years ago - a page with needed production and another with needed hauls. I haven't used them yet, so they can be buggy or might need some tweaking to be useful, but here they are, and the main page will show links if you refresh it:

Urgent Production
    Biggest Needed Hauls
    http://blommaskog.net/jumpgate/index.htm <--- refresh this

There is no priority other than volume so far, it would indeed be interesting to add some priority numbers, so Corridor running out of Rush engines would be a top need, instead of Excavators.

2. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +337 / 40 / -2
    OK, I looked at "Urgent Production." First thing says FlashFires, 250. There are currently more than 2,000 FFs in inventory. Why on earth would we need more with the 10-15 people who plays these days? The 2,000 should last for two years at this rate.

3. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    If you want to move flashfires with a small profit to where they are needed. Otherwise, just move them around.

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    The word “urgent” might be inappropriate here, since no equipment is rare these days. It's more a hint what might be useful to produce, and later ship. What's urgent can be seen from the "Low Stock" list, and no equipment is low stock, totally, but might still be missing at a lot of stations.

5. Nesayar

Nesayar Senior Magnate

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +53 / 2 / -0
    The problem, if it is a problem after all, is .. f.e. Hitman are produced at TriPoint, every station (in Quantar) has stock of Hitman, just not the producing one where the Nado is available, what do pilots want to equip if they purchase a Nado? Right, Hitman, but they are not available cause they can be shipped away with a profit.

Will check your new additions Flow as soon as I have time for it, thx in advance!

6. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    The problem with equipment being shipped away from where it is produced is nothing I think we can solve. Either equipment can be hauled with a profit, or it can't. I'd rather have equipment in all stations except where they are produced, than only where they are produced. A decent fix is to have at least one POS near every producing station that sells locally produced equipment for a small markup that makes it unprofitable to ship the stuff. But somebody has to maintain those.

7. Nesayar

Nesayar Senior Magnate

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +53 / 2 / -0
    It wouldn't be a problem if we have a roc, pilots accept or not, for that we need to have a group who definitions the roc, one point would be not to buy all locally produced equipment, always leave an amount so that pilots can equip ships there.

8. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Sure, that might work. In the meantime, I'm looking for ways to squeezing the max out the current game mechanics, but some prices need adjustment, some production might need to move and so on.

9. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Hyperial scrapped almost all quantar equipment, so I've removed those stuff from the "wanted" list and won't ship more of those to Hyperial.