1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Signing up with Hotmail based accounts will fail

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Jump, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    For some reason Hotmail doesn't like us. They block all of our emails. I've had them lift it numerous times only to be blocked again. If you use a Hotmail based account you will never get the activation email. So please use a Gmail or such. Also if you are already signed up with JSR using a Hotmail account please change it so that you can continue to receive notifications on replies to your posts and PM's. When the system detects a bounced email it auto-magically demotes your account until it's fixed. Which can be an inconvenience.

Sorry it has to be this way but this site gets little use these days and I'm just not up to battling Microsoft every day.

Jump

2. Milkman

Milkman Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -0
    I have had the same problem with them... its like they don't want you to use their email....

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    Backwards company.

4. Larommi

Larommi Magnate

Jul 7, 2007
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had problems with them back when IM was still a thing. Trillian used to pitch fits with MS messenger using Hotmail as a log on.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    You know my pain.

6. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    The same applies for t-online[dot]de

7. Jump

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +818 / 50 / -0
    If anyone see's Thorleik online let them know they need to use a different email.