1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Spawn swarm then his move to the sector with pilot, good or not?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Conflux, Aug 24, 2018.

Spawn flux when swarm enter to sector with pilot

1. Good

16.7%
  2. Not Goot

83.3%
  1. Conflux

Conflux Initiate

Nov 21, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    What are you think about spawn the conflux when swarm enter to sector with pilot in?

2. Nezumi

Nezumi Initiate

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You want a conflux swarm to be able to chase you between sectors?!

3. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    I believe what he is saying is that currently if you are in a sector and a swarm moved to that sector, it doers not impact you. The alternative proposed is that you would need to pay attention to the map, otherwise the swarm will appear and kill you. (I always thought it was stupid that you could sit in a swarm sector just because you got there first.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Conflux

Conflux Initiate

Nov 21, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Think as Ambrosius say.
    Who are think what is bad, please say because.

5. MLDeath

MLDeath Recruit

Feb 12, 2018
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it's probably not a good change to make in the current game state. It's just too unfair to miners who would have no prayer of defending themselves or getting fellow pilots to help in time.

If I was mining and a flux swarm spawned on me without warning and blew me away 200 units into a mining load it would probably impact the next time I flew again. That being said, I do think it's silly that a swarm can be in sector but not spawn because a pilot is there first.

If there was some sort of mechanism that after the swarm jumped into the sector there was a 2-3 minute countdown on when it would spawn then that might be fair. Give miners a chance instead of them having to move instantly if a swarm was, say, 1 sector away just for safety.

6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    There ARE warnings of sector movement for swarms on KTRI and, of course, you can monitor their movement on the map as well. So the only miners who could be surprised by a swarm would be those that don't keep an eye on things. IMO, that's not an unreasonable "challenge."

Just way "no" to win-buttons. (imho)

7. Sinver

Sinver Commander

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    I agree with Ambro. Yes it would suck if you got jumped by a swarm, but on the same token I don't like afk players. As stated there are plenty of opportunities to keep track of where a swarm is, so to keep an eye on it really should not be a problem.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +329 / 40 / -2
    Sinver agrees with me. I have to go re-think my position. :D

9. Sinver

Sinver Commander

Aug 15, 2015
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0