1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC Calls for Alkotó Supplies

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Roleplay/In Game/IC' started by Fence, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Fence

Fence Magnate

Feb 12, 2014
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The latest holiday news from Kedra. This time it's about Solrain, at midnight GMT (7pm ET), at the end of 4/22 4/30 . I'll have colleagues there from all factions nuking that gate for sure. Hope to see you there too.

Fence/Broker/Ally

Date has changed. Please read second post for updated information.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Fence

Fence Magnate

Feb 12, 2014
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Some might say that it takes some serious hubris to just up and move a holiday. But I guess it's not the first time such things have been done.

Fence/Broker/Ally

3. Jargo

Jargo Initiate

Feb 18, 2014
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the fireworks tonight, I love a chance to meet the sol military ;)

4. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +321 / 40 / -2
    @Jargo YOU! ...

... are jumping the gun a bit. Fireworks are next Wednesday.

5. Jargo

Jargo Initiate

Feb 18, 2014
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    me?

Well if any sol military log in tonight, or any other Military or mercs for that matter, there will be fireworks tonight aswell!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +321 / 40 / -2
    Is anyone other than @Jargo participating in this? Apparently there's also something going on at 21:00 GMT as well as the fireworks at midnight.

7. spork

spork Senior Magnate

Jan 17, 2005
    Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -1
    I plan to be there at both events to commemorate the anniversary of the second great collapse and to rejoice in the second chance Hamalzah has granted me to feel space beneath my feet. And to shoot @Jargo.

8. spork

spork Senior Magnate

Jan 17, 2005
    Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -1
    Clips of the "flyby" event and aftermath, which was a tour of space from LL, through DG (Oct) across unreg to RV, across the top of Quant space, up ZR through the bottom of Sol space and back to LL.

View attachment 2128 There were quite a few more pilots outside. I counted over 20 pilots on several occasions throughout the journey.

View attachment 2129
    My 10yo son, ballistic, having no memory of "the good old days" was really amazed at seeing 20 ships all together. :)

View attachment 2130
    In several sectors, Olvin (presumably a TRI official, since he's in an enforcer) would stop to talk about his memories of the particular sector, would insist that we killed all flux every sector, and/or would provide some advanced warning that high level flux were approaching. No sentients were sighted, but many uncharacteristically large conflux drones were drawn to us. I suspect something about the enforcer attracts the flux in a peculiar way...maybe this is why TRI stopped flying them so often.

View attachment 2131

View attachment 2132

View attachment 2133
    There was a good turnout from all factions. 4 Brotherhood pilots flew the whole circuit (elgamal, Nessos, ballistic and me).

View attachment 2134
    Apparently there was some sort of ceremony at Lothar's Landing just prior to the Second Great Collapse. This is why LL was chosen as the start/finish for the parade route, and why it was chosen for the NetDevil Memorial station.

View attachment 2135
    On the station were quite a few types of beer and snacks (pic taken after all the food was eaten) as well as band-aides. I grabbed 1 of each type of brew to hold unopened as a personal memento. I shut my systems down for a few hours at the memorial and the food was gone when I got back online. But also while I was away...

View attachment 2137

...the conflux left a final gift and infested the LL gate. Having no nukes, I was trapped. A wing of Brotherhood monks liberated me shortly after the "nuke the gate" display at Wake.

View attachment 2138

It was lonely in space for a few minutes. But I am not alone. I am among Brothers, always.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Shadowhart

Shadowhart Senior Magnate

Feb 24, 2014
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I was so sad that I couldn't get to you to bust the infest Spork.
    Thank you for filming the event!