1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Econ Stocking list, as requested by Flowbar

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by RazorsKiss, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Senior Magnate

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Not going to do Sol or Quant space, as I've never had a character from either - but here's what I would want at Oct factional stations, and the unreg stations:

Great Pillars Inventory

GP produces the "standard" ships of the Imperial fleet, but it specifically produces the Peregrine and Dragon.

As such, it has some non-factional items that really should be there, no matter what else is kept at the other stations.

Item the first:
    Rush Market Data
    Both the Peri and the Dragon use Rushes. Both are pretty stinking terrible without those engines. They needs them, precious. I've brought a few in, because I can't stand not to have them there, but they really should be stocked @ GP all the time. My suggestion would be 50 units, since two different ships built here use two of them apiece.
    Knocker Market Data
    Used by both the Peri and Dragon, as well as the Phoenix. Lower-capability radars are a bummer.
    Sport Plus Market Data
    Used by the Peri, as well as the Condor. A stock of 20 here should be sufficient, given the population.
    Alpaa Market Data
    Shield used by me, at least, for the Dragon. 20 is probably fine. There's also the Cascade, but... 10 is probably more than enough of those, if you want to bother.
    Shelter Market Data
    For higher level Peri pilots who want something a little nicer in the shield department. 10 is probably fine. Resistors for on-level pilots are made here.
    Hitman Market Data
    40 will probably suffice - an ammo dragon uses two per loadout, along with the Flails built here - while an ammo 'Nix will use the same two Hitmen, with two Barraks.
    Intimidator Market Data
    A stock of 20 of these is just fine - current stocks are thrice that, but included as something necessary to a high-power Dragon loadout. Heavy, but the Dragon's a pig anyway. TRIP-1's are, of course, built here.
    Alembic Market Data
    Yeah, they're heavy, but whatever. We're Octs, man. More power is gooder. 20 is fine, but there are more than enough of these floating around for you not to have to worry about these for a while.
    Dream Market Data
    Gotta have these around for the Nix, and for the Condor. Not a ton, but enough so you don't have to limp elsewhere for them. 20 is probably fine.
    Missiles - MS, Screws, possibly Purgs and Cutlasses.

Mostly, you're stocking for leveling Peris, and Dragons - with the occasional Tow or 'Nix.

Octavius Outpost Inventory

OP is odd to stock. It can be /home for anything in the Oct fleet, and probably serves as such more than any other Oct station.

It makes the Chiro, Hawk, Vulture, and Griffin, as well as the standard ships.

Powerplants are tricky here - the Chiro's size 3 makes it an odd bird, much like its cousin the Raven. Usually, which one you use is determined by your level, and your weapon selection. Having a couple dozen of the Sport and a dozen apiece of the Antagonizer and Instigator is probably sufficient.
    For the Hawk, Condor, Vulture, and Griffin, we need the Sport Plus
    For the Dragon and Nix, a smattering of TRIP-1s and Intimidators.
    Rush Market Data
    The Vulture and Griffin mean Rushes have to be around. Additionally, it's helpful for a Dragon or Peri pilot who goes boom with OP as their last station. 50 is again fine.

In general:
    Weapons... some of everything. OP almost always has it, too - it was stocked heavily for this, and shouldn't need much more than a cursory glance from time to time.
    Capacitors - again, some of everything - which OP also seems to have in abundance. Deepols and Alembics are probably ones to check more frequently than others.
    Shields - focus on Shelters, Havens, Alpaas
    Engines - other than Rushes and Dreams, Octs have the engines covered for their lighter ships.
    Radar - I'd say Knockers, but OP has so many Knockers it could open up a certain wing and beer restaurant. You could probably drop a few Nubblers and Night Watchmen here for kicks, especially for the Griff, Vulture, Condor and Roc. Not many of either, though. Some Chimes for the lil 'uns.
    Missiles - MS, Screws, possibly Purgs and Cutlasses.

Octavius Core Inventory

Mostly, you're doing a general stock here, like OP - except less of everything.

You're typically stocking for the Roc and Raptor - with a smattering for our "standard" fleet.

Weapons - some of everything, but focus on Raks and Flails for the Raptor. They have 2:2:4 gunmounts. Having a Hitman or two is nice, as well, just in case a Dragon or Nix needs a new loadout.
    Same powerplant mix as OP, with extra emphasis on the Intimidator for the Roc.
    Capacitors - Deeps and Alembic, mix for other ships, similar to OP.
    Shields - Guardians, then same mix as OP.
    Engines - This is really the only station that should have more than a handful of Tangents, ever. Otherwise, a dozen each Dreams and Rushes. Core makes Impelers and Guzzlers.
    Radar - Nubblers, Knockers, a handful of Night Watchmen.

Octavius Depot Inventory

Honestly? I wouldn't touch it. I know I tend to drop powerplants and engines here when I pick up arties. That's probably sufficient to get you to OP or OC. Not worth stocking, imho.

GBS Inventory

Ah, the memories. Unfortunately, practically nobody goes there anymore.

It has Flashfires and Missiles enough to last until doomsday. Maybe a few Duelists, just in case someone accidentally /homes there. Don't really see much need for anything else there, unless things pick up.

Evenings End Inventory

Almost perfectly stocked. Needs Duelists. Maybe could use a few more Dreams, but that's about it. I have homed there before, and would do so again - 5/5.

Klatches Hold Inventory

Needs Duelists, Flashfires, Dreams, a few more Instigators, and it should be back up to snuff.

Lothars Landing Inventory

Needs Duelists, Dreams, Barraks, Deepols, Alembics - has no Morning Stars, could use HellRazors, Screwdrivers, Purgs.

Hyperial Inventory

Hyperial's only useful for one thing - equipment - and it produces missiles. As such, it really only needs one thing there - Flashfires.

Amananth Inventory

Amananth has flashfires (although making some is probably a good idea soonish) - but it produces no missiles of it's own. The best thing to do when it comes to Aman is to bring missiles. Everyone headed to Flux space could use them, and several sectors around there tend to make you use missiles. Some kind soul supplied MS, but bringing Hellrazors, Purgs, Screws, and even Cutlasses would be great.

If I missed anything, feel free to add your two cents.

2. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -0
    A very good start indeed, thank you very much! My goal is to somehow suggest prioritized equipment to bring when you fly from one station to another, based on what is produced on the first and what is needed on the other. Maybe even evening out equipment stock levels even if it is not produced at the station moving from.

I want to have leveling gear available at all faction stations, so you don't have to fy from Corridor to Cornea just because you just got the level for the Cascade shield. Big powerplants, shields and mining lasers only need to be available at stations which provide those ships, except for fighters, which are more likely to get killed in space. This means I want all mining lasers that are used at any level to be available at all stations, even unreg, so you can quickly get your Miner's Heart, including Excavator, Banker and Financier. Also Deepradar and ML Amplifier. Let's say 20-50 of each per station, meaning that we bring up to 50, but don't bother until it's below 20. There are so many combinations of stations you can fly from and to, so to keep the tax loss on equipment down I suggest only moving from producing stations as much as reasonable.

The most popular guns should be available everywhere, even at depots, including Thorn, Barrak, Spitfire and their bigger siblings. InSights are nice to have everywhere too. I'm thinking about how to prioritize between different equipment, is it more important to have a little of everything, are missiles more or less important than the rest, mining vs fighting, leveling gear vs top level gear and so on. Missiles are consumed much more, so just hauling those would probably be as much work as the rest of the equipment together, especially if we include nukes.

Speaking of which, keeping a solid nuke supply everywhere really helps with infestation busting, it takes ages to fly back and forth otherwise. I would get them a decent priority.

As a start I think I'll have a look at Rush engines everywhere. Wake was out last week, and that is bad, because you often appear there when losing your Intruder while fluxing. But producing Rush at Hyperial means also producing Dream engines, they share the same recipe, so handling those together seems like a good idea.

Is there any other specific equipment that is missing somewhere that would be nice to fix soon?

3. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Senior Magnate

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Going with a recent theme, Rushes and Hitmen at GP - Then Duelists to LL, EE and KH from there.

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -0
    Here comes a first shot at decent stock levels, feel free to suggest changes:

http://blommaskog.net/jumpgate/stations/wanted_stock.html

My basic idea is that pretty much all equipment is nice to have on all regulated stations, to help pilots level and find the best equipment for their level and current ship layout. Some expensive equipment has been reduced to only a few stations, like freighter stuff. I have just put some stuff on unreg stations and Aman/Hyp, I rarely change equipment there myself, except for the odd gun change at Aman.

5. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -0
    I've added suggested equipment to move to my "Useful hauls" pages, but don't take them literally, because they might ask you to move some Novas from Oct Core to Solrain Core, while it's smarter to move them from Hyp to SC instead. If the item is marked as a local production ("Prod" = "*") it should be good to ship it out though, since that will be done at just a marginal loss and is the least costly way of shipping equipment, the tax is otherwise 2 plus your personal tax, for me it's about 2.6 % above 100 pol rating (and 0.6% for commodities). The price difference between producing and non-producing stations for equipment is about 2%, so you'll always ship equipment at a loss. At some point there were military cargo missions for equipment, I don't remember if those are still there.

Hyperial Useful Haul

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nesayar

Nesayar Senior Magnate

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2 / -0
    What happens to the lost % if beacons (the more the better) are tuned to your faction? What about the tax-reduce if you are on 125% pol-rating in the faction you buy the equipment from?

7. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -0
    Last time I checked, more than ten years ago, those were negligible. Maybe you can get close to 2% on equipment and almost 0 for commodities, but the time it takes to tune all beacons is such a huge loss in income that it is not worth it from an economic perspective. But you are most welcome to tune beacons before I go shopping! :)

8. Nesayar

Nesayar Senior Magnate

Feb 22, 2006
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2 / -0
    Wrong faction m8, oh wait, we all have accs. in every faction ... just a matter of coordina-/commuication! :Smokin:

9. Nimdas

Nimdas Recruit

Thursday
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I will test this in my next tour of duty, if the Solrain Military still wants me and I have some more credits in my pocket.