1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Econ Taxes on equipment are messed up

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by Flowbar, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +78 / 3 / -0
    NODRAGON noticed that there is profit to be made hauling equipment between Wake and Hyperial, buying Sport Plus at Wake and Rush at Hyp. When I double checked there was indeed only a 0.3% tax for me on Sport Plus at Wake, so I started to double check equipment taxes and saw that most equipment I checked at Wake indeed have a 0.3% tax (the same as for commodities, very little), while FlasFires have 2.3%. Comparing with Amananth, I saw that FlashFires have a 0.3% tax there, while Guardian shields have 2.3% tax at Aman but only 0.3% at Wake.

The price difference between producing stations and non-producing have been around 2% for all stuff I've checked, and since I thought this was a general rule I've coded that into my market pages, but now I see that this is not true. In theory, every item needs to be checked at every station to figure out what the real tax is and I don't want to do that. I know of no way to get the tax without actively trying to buy an item in the game.

Maybe all equipment started with 0.3% tax, but then the game administrators changed it to 2.3% for stuff that was moved absurdly much?

This is a mess, I think I need to think about this a little.

• Coffee Coffee x 1
  2. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Senior Magnate

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    According to our friendly neighborhood GM, its been that way since this server opened, fwiw.

3. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +328 / 40 / -2
    Yes. It definitely changed with this new server. I remember thinking it was great not having to take a loss stocking Quantar ... but then people decided to exploit the change and started hauling things to places where they were NOT needed just to make cash and everything got screwed up.

Ironically, the TradeGoods (Gemwoods, Textiles, ConMats) -- which were created by Istvan for the explicit reason of giving people simple meaningless proift hauls -- are flat-priced everywhere so there is no reason to move them. :p