1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Econ Taxes on equipment are messed up

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Economy' started by Flowbar, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I thank you for observing this, I was sloppy and thought 0.6% would be good enough, but 0.87% seems like the correct number to use for 100 pol and no beacons. This is the reference I want - before 100 pol, you should probably not haul equipment and for commodities it doesn't really matter. And also the "Profitable" pages didn't adjust for equipment size. I've fixed that and uploaded already, it will show when things start working again.

2. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I see the problem. You need a lot of credits to make equipment hauls worthwhile, and if you're only looking to produce stuff with a little profit, then hauling equipment for profit doesn't make sense. I could probably list commodities first and equipment below, so it's easier to tell them apart. I've already done something similar at the "Local non-maxed production" pages and I like it a lot myself.

3. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I do those pages for myself mostly, but if something is wrong for you, then it is probably wrong for me too and I surely would want to fix it somehow. Maybe not the way suggested, but the observation that something is wrong, bad or confusing is certainly valueable!

"Observations > Suggestions"

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I will now use 0.93% tax for commodities and locally produced equipment and 2.93% tax for not locally produced equipment, let's see how that turns out. There are some exceptions, like Guardians at Aman, FlashFires at Wake and POS ModX that have higher tax than expected.

A pilot with 100 pol should get at least the profit suggested, more with more pol or beacons held.

5. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
  6. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I've added some columns on the _haul pages ("Profitable"), separated commodities from equipment and rearranged columns slightly. What I heard is that equipment is usually not interesting.

The idea is that the most interesting things should be at the top and to the left, while the further down or to the right you look it becomes more of reference information. Not sure whether it's estimated profit per slot or number of items available that is the most interesting column, but for equipment it's interesting to see the stock at the destination.

If you want to double check anything, then you can see the used prices (base price at the source station, estimated price with tax, and the base price at the destination) so you can see directly if something is wrong. Estimated prices are for 100 pol and no beacons lit, more pol or beacons lit should give slightly lower prices w/tax.

For the "Useful" pages I'm considering showing "missing" equipment higher up than profitable equipment, or maybe a "Suggested equipment" section between Commodities and Equipment for quick reference, if a hauler wants to be nice.

Octavius Core Haul

What do you guys think?

Reordering columns is generally a bad idea, since users get used to the order and it takes time to get used to a new ordering.

7. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Suggested would be my vote. I very much like the commods/equipment separation. That's perfect.

8. Andusty

Andusty Initiate

Mar 22, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hey everybody,

I didn't read the Forum for a couple of weeks and I missed your discussion on taxes.(not that I've ever been active in here *lol*)
    But anyhow, I thought you might find my project interesting.

I started learning some coding since the beginning of this year and wanted to create something actually considered as "useful". I'm doing this as a fun/learning project in my freetime.

So at the moment I am working on a mobile app for android. I got the Jumpgate TRI API imported and I am starting to build the UI.
    If anyone is interested I am more than willing to share my code or provide an apk-file. Testers are welcome :)
    I can port this to IOS too. I just don't have an apple device, so I can't do the testing.

I'll attach some screenshots of the current version of my app.

implemented by now:
    1. Pilots Online
    - indicates docked/undocked
    2. Pilot Stats
    - shows detailed Pilot Information
    - including map situation (flipped beacons)
    - actual taxrates per faction

next step:
    3. Inventory per Station
    - I already have all the data I need. Working on the UI.

PilotStats_Andusty.PNG PilotsOnline.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  9. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
  10. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    I think you invaded a thread. Next time you might want to consider creating your own. I do pure web and no app because then I can access the same data on both computers, pads and mobile phones, it will look and work the same.

11. Andusty

Andusty Initiate

Mar 22, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You're right, sorry about that. I'll move my stuff to a seperate Thread next time.

I don't know if it is of any help for you, but I did ingame researches on taxrates and I came up with this formula:

taxrate(%) = ( -1 / 50 * pol ) - ( beacons * 0.01) + 4.93

If it's a commodity or produced by the station
    taxrate(%) = ( -1 / 50 * pol ) - ( beacons * 0.01) + 2.93

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -0
    Great work, thanks, that sjounds right to me. So 125 pol and 43 beacons should give 0% tax on profitable hauls. I wonder if it's possible to get negative tax? Tax returns? Buy locally, sell locally for a profit? Sounds like a very bad idea for stations to me.

13. RazorsKiss

RazorsKiss Moderator

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    That's a lot of beacons, though. More than one person could keep active. You'd have to have at least one other person on constant beacs, probably two.

14. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +330 / 40 / -2
    Is there a separate thread being created? I was holding off on giving feedback on the Android app because of that.