1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat The Intensity

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Evolution Archive' started by Innominate, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innominate

Innominate Initiate

Dec 28, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ahh the story of Innominate and the intensity.

Yea the story is basically true. I argued and presented a ton of numbers as to why the intensity sucked. I even presented a suggestion of a size 4 powerplant for it. An important part of that is misssed, which is that I was not the first, nor did I present ANY numbers in that direction.

I had one core argument, if you agree with me it's good, if you disagree it's bad, either way I see it as relatively fair. The argument was that a duel between a typhoon and an intensity at a dead stop should go to the intensity not the typhoon. The typhoon had speed and maneuverability and should have had to use it against the intensity. Thats all there was to it. I did in fact DID suggest a s4 powerplant on the intensity, once, and in one of the few threads that I presented no forumulas, math, or data to back it up. In short, the solution chosen was one I mentioned but had dismissed as being uh, retarded, for lack of a better word.

So the story of why I was banned. Some of you saw my script, most who saw it misinterpreted it. But for most double account users it was fairly reliable.
    A lot of people who didn't understand it identified a lot of false positves, yet it also outed several huge spies and demonstrated a trend of spying now seen
    in eve. Royofca being probably the finest example and an amazing precursor of what was seen in eve. Shortly after I was outed for blackmailing spies (Most of our funding came from anonymous anti-quant sources btw) I more or less gave up on the game. A few months later I posted the front end of my scripts to the game to deal with what they will, I'm still pretty surprised how poorly some of you took advantage it, even while trying to. The whole thing was based on
    no more information than the "online users" list of jumpgate, and every piece of information I had acccess to I ended up releasing. I wasn't banned for releasing this information, I was banned for doing so after being asked not to.

So yes, I am a goon. And Karash, I'm sorry for participating in the wiping out of OEC, I did what little i could to try and avoid it. I'm sorry for the bul
    lshit ND pulled on the itensity lagely because of my complaints. I never even hoped the intensity could pull the shit it did, I only wished for it o have a chance at low speed confrontations.

That said, most of you who were my enemies in jumpgate are still cool in my book. Even rix and I became friends in eve. Karash though, you used to be cool what happened? Is your resentment for picking the wrong side of a war that strong?

2. Tritian

Tritian Senior Magnate Stella Imperia Dev

Jun 26, 2007
    Ratings:
    +152 / 3 / -1
    I'm not sure I understand how a bigger PP would help an Intensity in a 0v slugfest.

Anyway, the ultimate blaim lies with NetDevil. Whether they were influenced by your suggestion or not, increasing the PP size right at the beggining of launch without any testing was a pretty retarded move.

3. Innominate

Innominate Initiate

Dec 28, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't, that's my point.

4. GrimGriz

GrimGriz Senior Magnate

Jul 18, 2004
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My version of the story of the intensity is that ND made a bad design decision in between beta and release, and afterward when we asked them why one of them (probably Gbob) said something along the lines of "we did it to shut Innominate up" trying to be funny - then Inno and the ppl who didn't realize he said it to be funny took it literally.

5. Luke

Luke Knight

Dec 18, 2006
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, my favorite target. Easy to kill, whines for weeks, perfection.

6. Jump

Jump Administrator Staff Member

May 22, 2004
    Ratings:
    +822 / 51 / -0
    My version is that the tens was not fun to fly, then it was, then it wasn't again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. daslog

daslog Senior Magnate

Jun 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    remind me again who Roy of CA was spying for?

8. Innominate

Innominate Initiate

Dec 28, 2008
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who asked pretty much.

I miss you too =(

Pretty much sums it up, I was still made the scapegoat, probably the only major game decision I can ever attempt to lay credit to. After the last thread I'm surprised anyone remembered what happened.

9. Karash

Karash Senior Magnate

Jun 25, 2007
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, wiping out the OEC...when was this? I don't take anything personal Inno...but there is a lot of JG'ers that like shooting you down in whatever game you are in. Surely you don't take that personally.

And where is this resentment coming from?

10. OmegaOPS

OmegaOPS Initiate

Jul 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0
    GAHHH ...refraining from commenting.........

11. netburnr

netburnr Senior Magnate

Aug 24, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Umm, no, you didn't refrain....you dug up a really old thread with a useless post.

12. OmegaOPS

OmegaOPS Initiate

Jul 15, 2005
    Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0
    In the Grand scheme of the JG universe I don't think 12-28-2008, 11:39 PM is that old, besides it nice not to think JGE content atm

13. Berzerker

Berzerker Apprentice

Oct 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Program or no program, good spies don't get caught.

In beta the Tencity was only tough to fly and fight if you sucked. All factions were fairly balanced at the end of Beta as far as PvP was concerned. Then came retail and the Tencity had been made over into a n00b machine. I was amazed when I found out it did not have an auto dock to go with the size 4. (Oh wait din't Rollio have something like that?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.