1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat TRI mission - do we always have to dock at another station?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by Flowbar, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +83 / 3 / -0
    I'm trying to figure out how the TRI mission works. I can stay at Quantar Core and take the mission to Quantar Core, launch, burglar one biomass in Quantar Crossing, but when I return to QC it says the commodities need to be bought at another station. But I didn't buy them, they were burglared? So does this mean we always have to dock at another station in between?

2. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +334 / 40 / -2
    If it's a cargo mission you have to take mission at one station and deliver to another one.

3. Nezumi

Nezumi Apprentice

Sep 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a bug, I'll try it later.

4. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +83 / 3 / -0
    I don't think it's about where you take the mission, the game seems to remember the last staiton where you docked, so even if you take the mission at QC you need to go to another station, like QD, and dock before selling at QC. I did that a few times on Saturday, but it is of course wasteful, it's better to take a transport to QD and then the TRI mission to QC. The game doesn't seem to know where I got the cargo, but it keeps track of docks (you see this when you crash and respawn at the most recently docked faction station, unless you have your home at a POS).

This should mean that it's ok to take the mission to QC from QD with empty cargo and buy at QC before completing the mission, if there are any commodities there of course, just like in the old days when we flew rangers and there was a broker at the target station selling 50 items. Haven't tried this in 15 years, though.

5. clanlord

clanlord Commander

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    i agree with you flowbar , its just like in the old days when we had brokers around .
    for the mission to register you have to dock at another station first
    and POSses dont count as other stations by the way