1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Warthog or X56 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Discussions' started by FreddyHardest464, Mar 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. FreddyHardest464

FreddyHardest464 Recruit

Nov 17, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, this has probably been discussed deep within the forum so please link if it has.

If not, can the Warthog or X56 HOTAS be configured to JG or is it too much of an old dog? If so, is the lack of yaw on the Warthog stick a concern if yaw is programmable on a spare hat for example? Does the X56 have a twist stick and again compatible with this classic?

I've been using a Sidewinder Pro 2 for decades and thought to finally upgrade. I'm on JG, ED and SC. I still play JG the most.

Any help is appreciated.

2. clanlord

clanlord Commander

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Dont think that would be a problem .
    you could map all functions using the sticks software or the JG settings itself or a mix of both :)

might be a lttle case of trail and error before you get a setup you are confortable with .

3. Flowbar

Flowbar Senior Magnate

Feb 1, 2006
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Hm, as far as I remember, JG has only four axis: X (pitch), Y (yaw), Z (roll) and Thrust. I prefer to have X/Y on the stick or mouse, leaving roll and thrust either to external controllers, like a thrust box or pedals, but both can be run with buttons, although with less precision, just like when you play with a keyboard (which I mostly do anyway). So a HOTAS stick should definitely give you at least two axis and the rest programmable, but I have never tried the X56 myself.