1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Windows 10 install guide?

Discussion in 'Jumpgate Help' started by P_Monteux, Nov 25, 2018.

1. P_Monteux

P_Monteux Recruit

Jan 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there a guide, or instructions somebody could provide, to get JumpGate running in windows 10?

I've tried the following so far.

Launch with no compatibility. Resulted in jg pegging one core on the CPU, needed to kill it via taskmanager.

Launch from compatibility troubleshooter, which decided in compatibility for windows 7. Opening movie played, but when I got to the first screen in game, it was mostly magenta, and completely unusable. I could see enough to recognize the "request launch" button, but that was about it.

Closed, reported to windows that "it worked" so it would save the settings. Tried to relaunch, had to kill again via taskmanager.

Tried xp comatibility, had to kill via taskmanager.

Tried xp and 640x480, had to kill via taskmanager.

I used to play on a windows 8 laptop, and I remember having to fuss with jgrotpro. I can't remember if I simply installed the mod, or if I actually needed it to get the game working. I can see that the website that mod points to is now down :(.

Is there any hope of getting this working on windows 10?

2. Morris

Morris Apprentice

May 17, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There is hope … JG will run on Windows 10! At least, in runs on mine (Home edition). I don't remember having any trouble installing it, so I'm afraid I can't help you. There are others around here that seem to know what they're talking about better than I. I've never managed to get jgrotpro working, but I gave up trying fairly quickly as I can manage without it.

Hope you get it sorted.

3. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    going to be building a new system soon and that will have win 10 on it so if i get it working with all the bells and whistles i will let you know how i did it

4. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +330 / 40 / -2
    It runs fine for me in Win10 with no compatibility. But I also have a rather old system (core i5-3450) @3 gHz, and a generic video card.

5. P_Monteux

P_Monteux Recruit

Jan 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @clanlord Great, I'll keep my eyes peeled for such a guide. Short of something new to try, my only fallback I can think of is windows XP in virtualbox.

6. Ambrosius

Ambrosius Senior Magnate

May 31, 2004
    Ratings:
    +330 / 40 / -2
    The bottom line is that JG is running for many people with few issues on Win10 systems -- so your problem is probably tied to some other hardware or driver issue -- probably relating to Video card and/or drivers (which tends to cause mode JG compatibility issues). Have to tried changing your video settings at all?

7. clanlord

clanlord Knight

Jan 19, 2005
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0