1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablet Windows 8 Tablets

Discussion in 'Tablets and Handhelds' started by Shawn Schubert, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn Schubert

Shawn Schubert Marksman

Jul 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am looking into buying a tablet to playing games, watching movies and doing MS Office Excel work on. Anyone have any suggestions? I also was hoping it could double as a client for connection with my Cisco VPN and usoing MSTSC to connect to XP workstation. Anyone have any expierience with doing this froma tablet? Thanks for any help you might/can give.

2. spork

spork Senior Magnate

Jan 17, 2005
    Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -1
    I got a Sony laptop with a flip over touch screen (can be a laptop or a big tablet). Love the PC. It's WiFi has had problems from day 1. Sony sent me a USP wireless card. It helps but is still not perfect. Have to reboot my router every week or so for it to find it again. None of my other devices have any problems with the router. :/

So as much as I really do love the PC, and the workaround isn't all that onerous, I wouldn't recommend it for something mission critical like VPN for work.

3. Shawn Schubert

Shawn Schubert Marksman

Jul 28, 2004
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Currently I use my iPhone to connect to our VPN server and then use a Remote Desktop App to control my work machine. Calling it mission critical is not accurate for me. Mostly for support when I don't have to do a lot of work.

4. spork

spork Senior Magnate

Jan 17, 2005
    Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -1
    Well, maybe it just depends on your disposition. It does sort of piss me off that the built in wireless NIC is a piece of crap. I've spent about 5 hours on the hotline with Sony (who's recently sold their VIAO division), reformatted the thing (at their request), gotten a USB NIC and it's still not perfect. Anyway, buyer beware and good luck. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.